Asked by KB, West Orange, NJ • Mon Sep 28, 2009
My 490K home value dropped 10K in Feb 2008 and then down to 455K in Jan 2009. There is a house next to mine that is listed for 375K, similar to my house.
The questions i have are:
1) How can i get the latest Comps for my house
2) do i need to get the house re-appraised from some authorized appraiser?
3) Where can i find thse types of appraiser and how much would the charge
4) I looked at the assesment values on home via taxrecords.com and the homes around mine have pretty low assesment value compared to mine. Is this info accurate?
5) What other paper work should i submit apart from comps and appraiser report to make a good case
6) Are there lawyers that do this? how much would they charge?
This site gave me some good info "http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2008/11/reducing_proper but it talk about the towns "average tax ratio". Using these rations, i think i have a somewhat good case, would like some advice from all of you experts out there.
Real Estate in West Orange
Popular Categories in 07052
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!