Is it slow this week or are people just adjusting to fall schedule?

Asked by MichaelAngelo, Staten Island, NY Sat Oct 5, 2013

Seems no one is moving this week. Hoping now that Congress is going to pay everyone out of work that they will spend their time looking for new homes, but
don't see traffic like last few weeks.

Answers

7
Gary R. DeFi…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Oct 6, 2013
The buyers I am working with are not afraid of the market. In fact, I have more buyers now than I did one month ago.
passerby, Home Buyer, Staten Island, NY
Sun Oct 6, 2013
BUYERS ARE AFRAID OF THE MARKET & SITTING IT OUT FOR NOW.
Robert Fine, , Staten Island, NY
Sat Oct 5, 2013
The Yankees are out of the playoffs and the Giants are 0000. And the Fall is warmer than the summer!
Jill Subes, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Oct 5, 2013
It seems a bit slower then previous weeks. I stearnly believe houses have to be priced right right now for prospective buyers to look/
Gary R. DeFi…, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Oct 5, 2013
I'm not at the Community College. I'm not even sure what community college we are talking about. Furloughed federal workers are at home, everyone else is working. It may just be a coincidence that things have slowed. Interest rates have gone up, there may be issues with getting mortgages issued because of the "shut down", which may be contributing to the perceived slow market.

Thank the Tea Party for this problem. They are more concerned with trying to hurt Obama than they are concerned with the people they represent. And don't take my statement as being favorable to Obama, I am merely stating a fact.
Cherylynn, Home Buyer, Staten Island, NY
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Agents & Brokers are at Community College getting their continuing education credits this week.
Bruce, , Staten Island, NY
Sat Oct 5, 2013
All indications are people are home on unpaid vacation & staying close to their BBQ.