Is it good time to buy in Aldie, I am interested in KirkPatrick Farm.?

Asked by Shan Pat, Aldie, VA Fri Sep 14, 2007

Answers

7
Lenn Harley, , Maryland and Northern Virginia
Sun Oct 21, 2007
Kirkpatrick Farms is a huge development. If you like large communities, you'll love Kirkpatrick Farms with the many amenities for all. Conveniently located for commuting. Prices in Kirkpatrick farms for new construction is the best buy. Builders are anxious and need to keep building. Resales are usually very overpriced because the owners didn't own long enough to pay the cost of sale. New homes comprise 90% of our sales this year becasue of the opportunities with builders. Agents know how to compare the value builder to builder.
Danilo Bogda…, Agent, Reston, VA
Fri Sep 14, 2007
You're question is hard to answer because nobody can predict the future. But take a look at the economics and the present market conditions in the area you're considering, in this case Loudoun County/Northern VA.

The local economy is strong, unemployment is one of the lowest of any region in the country and growth is still abundant. The future of the local economy seems fairly bright even with an administration change ahead (we're heavily dependent on gov't and IT). If you were looking in Detriot, one of the worst markets in the country due to the local economy, etc., we'd be having a different conversation. Make sense?

In Loudoun County and the area in general, inventory is still up, buyer activity has gone down and rates have actually dropped over the last few weeks - three excellent things to see as a buyer. As a seller, this is not good (this is good for you, the buyer). Basically, it's turned from a fairly even and flat market over the last 7 months to a buyer's market again. That's today - who knows about tomorrow.

The one thing to consider about Aldie is the traffic/road situation. You have Route 50 (Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy) and Gum Spring Rd as the major arteries in and out of that area. They are very congested due to the county being behind addressing the roads as growth has and continues to take place.

If you are commuting to somewhere other than Chantilly, Fairfax, Centreville, Manassas or further south in Fairfax County, Aldie may not be your best bet due to the commute.

If you are working in Loudoun County or parts of Fairfax County such as Tyson's, Vienna, Mclean, Arlington or DC, you may want to consider a property the other side of Dulles Airport (Ashburn, Sterling, Leesburg, etc).

Remember that a house is just that, a house. It is a shelter, one of the three things all humans need to survive. You buy it to put a roof over your head #1 and as an investment #4 or #5. Real estate eventually always goes up so as long as you're not an investor looking to make a quick flip and buck, you'll be ok.

If you would like more information about the real estate market in Loudoun County, check out http://www.LoudounStats.com (personal site/blog with stats, data and resources). And if I can be of assistance to you in any way, feel free to contact me - I am the lead Buyer and Relocation Specialist for the CC Sells Team of Keller Williams Realty http://(www.ccsells.com) here in Eastern Loudoun County (which includes the Aldie and South Riding areas).
Web Reference:  http://www.LoudounStats.com
Dan Littlefi…, , Dulles, VA
Mon Aug 24, 2009
Shan,
This is all good input, however, without more detailed information from you, what your looking for, why you're thinking about the Kirkpatrick Farms area, etc., it's difficult to give you the right advise. I live in Kirkpatrick Farms and have also lived in South Riding. We almost purchased a home in Stone Ridge about 18 months ago. Are you looking for new construction or resale, townhome or single family? All info I would need to know to give you the best advise. Do you have children? Where do you work? All of this goes into the mix to guide you in the right direction. Feel free to contact me if you would llke to discuss this information and I would be glad to assist you.

My wife and I both work as a real estate team out of the Fair Oaks office of Long and Foster and either of us would be happy to meet with you. Short answer to your question...It's a great time to buy and Kirkpatrick Farms is a very nice area to live. //Dan
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Feb 27, 2009
Shan,
This is a great time to be investigating the home buying market. There are many excellent opportunities. The right time to buy is largely determined by your personal needs and what the market presents to you in terms of opportunity.

The biggest mistake that you could make during these times is to remove yourself from the hunt. In doing this you will stand no chance of finding that right home.

Our philosophy when it comes to the "opportune" buying time is, any time is the perfect time as long as your find id the perfect home, in your ideal location, and being offered at a price you can't afford to walk away from.

Lauryn Eadie, Agent, Reston, VA
Fri Feb 27, 2009
Shan,

I am a local real estate agent, and LIVE in Kirkpatrick Farms. It is a great community and there is a lot to offer....I am familiar with all the communities in this neck of the woods and can give you some more insight from the Homeowner's perspective if you are interested......

lauryn.eadie@longandfoster.com Happy to help a future neighbor :)
Paul Hunter, Agent, Chantilly, VA
Mon Sep 24, 2007
It all depends on your current situation and the specifics of where you work, price range, how long you'll be there, and what you're looking for. The only way to provide good advice is to ask you a bunch of other questions to determine what is best for you. With more information your question can be best addressed....
Erin Barton, , Virginia
Fri Sep 14, 2007
If you are buying a home to live in for several years, then it is an excellent time to buy right now. In this market buyers have a large inventory to pick from, lower prices (esp. in the Loudon Co. area) and more negotiating power. Your negotiating power goes up even more if you have nothing to sell. The question now isn't whether to buy, its whether you can get financing. If you have good credit and a steady income, then chances are there is a mortgage for you. I am familiar with the Aldie area because my sister lives up there (in Stone Ridge). I'd be happy to answer any questions. I also know some great real estate agents that specialize in that area (my parents). Feel free to email me with any questions at Erin@erinbarton.com. Good luck!