mbashin, Home Seller in North Hills, CA

Is it better to sell a home in 91343 zip as-is or to fix it up and then sell it?

Asked by mbashin, North Hills, CA Tue Oct 1, 2013

This question was asked from…

It really depends on your financial circumstances and why you are selling. It also depends on the condition of the property.

I would be happy help you analyze how much you can sell the property for in its current condition, as well as how much you could sell the property for fixed up.

Feel free to contact me directly at (310) 717-1321 or and I would be happy to answer any additional questions you have!

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
BRE #01920120
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 1, 2013

It all depends on your time frame. Most buyers would prefer to move in to a home with less work that needs to be done. But also some buyers prefer to come in and make it a home with their own personal touch. I would love to assist you and provide you with a market analysis and hear what you are looking to sell your home for. I can be reached directly or by email.

I look forward to assisting you.

Donna Samuels
Keller Williams Brentwood
Direct: 310-424-5475
You will get better offers if the home is in good condition. One of the reasons an offer comes in low is due to repair issues and the general condition of the home. Do what you can do and address cosmetic issues. Have a consultation with your Realtor to get specific additional device.

Everyone has it on the ball here.
It depends on your cash, time and wants/needs.

Give me a call. I am the CEO of a flip company and a Realtor.

I can help professionally advise you which option to take based on your situation and the property condition. If you decide to proceed with remodeling it, I can give you a wealth of contacts and help you get it on the market. If you decide to save time and sell it, I can also help you get top dollar from an investor.

Meridian Capital Real Estate
BRE: 01895909
(818) 426-1700
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013

It depends on your circumstances. If you are low on cash, sell as is is one of the better options.
If you have cash to spend on some (not all) things needed to make the house look better, than that is another option.
There are very few times, when spending money on fixing a house, will bring you more money than what you put in it.

Contact a realtor, like myself, for one on one discussion of what is best for you.

Douglas Lagos
Coldwell Banker Residential
Tel. (310) 463-8088
CA BRE # 01921046
North Hills or in any other residential neighborhood, if you are able to assess property's After Repair Value and perform a rundown analysis of rehabbing and the selling costs, you ought to be able to discern if it would be worth the expense, the cost of money, the time involved and the hassle to renovate and sell or just sell "as is."
You may want to review comparables to get a feel for costs on before and after. If you have the capital, experience and time to do a remodel and know what you are doing, you can make a profit, but there have been instances where unknowns come into play and costs go way up and it actually costs the seller more (net profit) than if they would have left it alone and sold as is. If you are looking for an agent to assist you with as is and done comps, I would be happy to assist. If so, please contact me directly. Thank you.

Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills South
166 N. Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-278-4934 fax ATT: RJ - - BRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
Work with a qualified agent, they can do a detailed analysis for you if you know how much you will be spending on improvements.
Cost of house today VS cost of house tomorrow after completed improvements.
You know Mbashin, there are many factors to consider with your question. What is the condition of your property? How much do you need to invest into the property to make it more appealing to a buyer? How much are you willing to spend? How long do you want to hold the property? Are you able to financially hold the property while you invest and remodel it?

Property values are on the rise. This is a Sellers market. Trulia values are not always accurate and the only way to really find out what your property is worth is to have someone come out, look at it and the comparable sold properties in the area to determine it's current value and give you realistic options and price opinions for you to review.

Feel free to give me a call if you would like a free property valuation.

I would be more than happy to speak with you about your goals.

Kat Becker, Realtor
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
California Properties
(323) 819-4760
It all depends on your budget, and your plans. Need to look at the difference between "move in ready" homes v.s. fixer uppers (assuming yours is a fixer upper). Need to compare and if there is a large gap in price between the two and you simply just need to paint, add new carpet, hire a cleaning service and have a few minor repairs completed. In this scenario I would recommend calling to have it fix first then sell. However, if your home needs major work i would recommend selling: “As is”. Comparing both approaches will give you the information you need to make an informed decision and possibly net you more money. Let me know if you need assistance in comparing both. I am here to assist you.

Sandra Reyna-Najera
(323) 350-8266