Is it a Buyers market or a Sellers market in KY right now?

Asked by Noel Harris, Louisville, KY Tue Jun 19, 2007

Answers

11
Nancy Keith Cooper Realtor’s answer
Nancy Keith…, Agent, Louisville, KY
Fri Aug 6, 2010
I agree it depends on what area you are talking about. While selling in the Hardin County area it is about even with a lot of buyers and sellers. Going farther North to Valley Station and PRP the houses sit a tad longer and buyers are not as plentiful.
Heidi Fore, , Louisville, KY
Tue Mar 11, 2008
I am happy to say that I've seen a definite upturn in the market over the last few weeks. I think the spring market has begun, even with snow on the ground! Yesterday we got an accepted contract on a house we listed 2 weeks ago - two weeks! That makes 10 contracts we have pending right now, and all of our other 11 listings are getting showings. This is good news for sellers in the Louisville area, it shows that buyers aren't just looking - buyers are buying! Of course, this year will still be a buyers market, but at least the sellers are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. - Heidi Fore, Keller Williams Realty Louisville East
Web Reference:  http://www.heidifore.com
gabriel palo…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Tue Sep 21, 2010
When looking at present rates it is great time t to be a buyer.

They are looking at your listings. That should make you happy Are you priced right ? Will they make an offer? We hope so! Now can they qualify? Can they successfully close?

If yes it motivates other sellers to sell and more buyers to buy. This formula is sweeping the country. When you have a secure job and your credit is good when you have a decent down-payment and the price is right the rates are low what else do you need? I guess you are ready for a good agent to show you some great deals? Yep you are on your way.

When you get what you were after you are a winner regardless if you are a seller or a buyer. .
Realtors are busy bringing buyers together through out the country
I know a lot of agents in Kentucky are working on that right now.
, ,
Mon Jul 5, 2010
It is a buyer's market. Rates are average on a 30 year fixed today around 4.5 to 4.75% on a 30 year fixed.
Mark Atteber…, Agent, Louisville, KY
Tue Mar 23, 2010
No doubt that its a buyers market. However, I am speculating that sellers are going to have a little bit of the upper hand as a percentage of buyers are going to be rushing to buy before the April 30th deadline and once they are emotionally attached, will most likely pay more if the sellers stick to their guns because of their fear that they won't find something else before the rebate ends.

Honestly, its a win-win. If you want to see what a specific area has done, going to http://www.LouisvilleMarket.com will give a quick view of any zip code's sales and listings as well as the comparable values of listing price versus sales price.

Mark Atteberry
502-224-1039
Jerry Hyman, Agent, Louisville, KY
Wed May 21, 2008
It is a buyers market! That does not mean that the sellers can not still get a reasionable price for their homes just that they are taking a bit less than two years ago.
Ty Brown, Agent, Lexington, KY
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Depends on where you are in KY and what price range you are speaking about. Some areas are doing really well for sellers, some not. However with the large supply of homes on the market, in virtually every price range and mortgage rates where they are I would have to say its a buyer's market. I am buying and I am a real estate professional...
Web Reference:  http://www.TySellsHouses.com
Heidi Fore, , Louisville, KY
Thu Aug 23, 2007
Have you seen the Trulia map of Louisville average home prices? It's really neat in the way it shows how steady our real estate market is. There are plenty of buyers that want to buy, and lots of sellers that want to sell.
Web Reference:  http://www.heidiamshoff.com
Tom Cox, Agent, Louisville, KY
Tue Aug 21, 2007
It is definitely a buyers market, but more importantly, now is the time for sellers to be interviewing the best of the best Realtors. Lazy real estate doesn't work anymore, and those agents who are working are selling. Right now, in our office, there are more pending sales than we have ever had in our history. It's hard, often frustrating work right now, but professionals are selling properly priced and marketed properties.
Angie, , northern kentucky
Thu Aug 9, 2007
I'm a Realtor in NKY and here the market is flooded with houses which makes buyers be very picky. Sellers are waiting a long time to sell, but are getting close to their asking price.
Noel Harris, Agent, Louisville, KY
Tue Jun 19, 2007
Right now it is a great time to buy in KY. You could get a great deal for your money.
Web Reference:  http://noelharris.net