Is anyone familiar with Teton Reserve in Victor?How is the market for resort/golf properties now?

Asked by Frank Diaz, Honolulu, HI Mon May 26, 2008

Answers

2
Marc Burdell, Home Seller, South Bend, IN
Sun Jun 28, 2009
I have a beautiful lot on the Teton Reserve Golf Course for sale by owner. I can be reached at marcburdell@hotmail.com
Jerry Moore, , Victor, ID
Sat May 31, 2008
Hi Frank,
I am quite familiar with Teton Reserve. I am the real estate and membership salesman. I am also a licensed realtor in Idaho and Wyoming. In addition, my wife is a realtor licensed with the brokerage that sells Teton Springs and Huntsman Springs.
The resort/golf property market is quite flat. However, between the two golf resorts in the valley that had homes listed this winter, there were 5 home sales that got an average of 95% of listed price. Prices varied between $760,000 and 1.875mm. There is currently a large selection of finished homes available, with the majority of the inventory at Teton Springs. Teton Springs and Teton Reserve are the only golf resorts that have the golf course finished at this time. I don't expect the other two courses to be playable until very late 2009 at the earliest. Right now, a buyer could probably get a pretty good deal on a finished estate home on the course. There are basically two types of sellers. The first is willing to negotiate price and can offer great deals, the second has staying power and is willing to wait out the market. We are just entering our selling season (especially second homes) and there are mixed feelings about what will happen this summer. On the plus side, rates are good and there are some signs that the market has bottomed out. On the negative side, there are also signs that the market has a way to go and some people are still a little hesitant. Again, with good rates and the potential for good deals, this summer may be a great time to pull the trigger. As for the Teton Reserve specifically, we are quite excited about the summer. Our golf course will open next weekend and we now have several homes and models available to walk through and potentially buy. We also include a full golf club membership with any purchase. Availability includes estate lots, cabins and townhomes. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at (307) 413-5967 or jerrym@tetonreserve.com Have a great day.

Jerry Moore
Teton Reserve
"the nations first and only reversible golf course"