Is Sunnyvale CA still a seller's market, or has it changed to a buyer's market?

Asked by Leo, Sunnyvale, CA Fri Dec 7, 2007

Answers

4
Realtor, ,
Wed Dec 12, 2007
Sunnyvale is still a hot area to purchase a home. Especially the 94087 zipcode where you can live in Sunnyvale but send your children to Cupertino schools.
David Blockh…, Agent, Los Altos, CA
Sat Dec 15, 2007
leo,

It really depends which neighborhood within Sunnyvale. I recently wrote a post on my real estate blog that details the last two years (broken down monthly) of sales activity in Sunnyvale. In short, all meaningful stats show that Sunnyvale is still quite active with good appreciation. Overall the market is fairly even, with the market favoring sellers in the higher end markets and sales favoring buyers in the more affordable markets.
Michael Robe…, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Sat Dec 8, 2007
Hi Leo, With price reductions comes a buyer's market. Some small areas of Sunnyvale have had few sales and those will tend to sustain a better price point. For most of Silicon Valley....It is and will remain a buyer's market for some time to come. I am posting a link to an article you may find interesting too! I wish you good fortune in your hunt!

Michael
http://www.MichaelRobertsHomes.com
Eric and Jan…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Sat Jan 26, 2008
Hi Leo, In the areas of Sunnyvale with low inventory and especially the areas in the Cupertino School district is is still a sellers market but with this said, there are areas of Sunnyvale where prices have receded and you are seeing the Sellers becoming more flexible.