Is North Cental or North West of Pasadena really bad? I am looking for a TH in 91103

Asked by Norah, Sat Feb 2, 2008

near to Woodbury and Fair Oaks, may I what is the reasonable price for per sqft? Will this area drop dramatically when the market is really bad?

Answers

5
Irina Netcha…, Agent, San Marino, CA
Sat Feb 2, 2008
Hi Noreen, it is not one of the best areas of Pasadena. The price per square foot in 91103 is at $385 per sq. ft. (12 sales) based on the December stats issued by DQNews.com In November, the price per sq. ft. for the same zip was $456 (based on 10 sales). Now might be a good opportunity to find deals in the area.

Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Fri Sep 12, 2008
Noreen
I am going to take issue with one post about the "market being really bad".

In Pasadena, Altadena, San Marino, and South Pasadena there were 155 homes sold in August of 2008. Last year in August of 2007we sold 160 homes. In July of 2008 we sold 150.

So in reality the market is about the same as last year. Market activity is increasing, inventory is lower. Last year we had 866 homes on the market in August, this year 837...but that's only 29 homes difference.

Just my opinion, talk with Irina, the first post. She knows that NOW is actually the time to buy. And she's right about the area also. I'll bet she can find you something in a nicer area.
Jonathan Tay…, , Orange County, CA
Thu Sep 11, 2008
The market is really bad. Which means it's good for you
low interest low asset prices
there's more inventory than you need to find a great home and a tremendous deal.
seae all Pasadena lisings below

http://www.homebuyershope.com/pasadena_real_estate.shtml
Jackie, Home Seller, 91104
Thu Apr 10, 2008
I have currently taken my house off the market, but it is still for sale in a much better location (91104) on Woodbury. It is definitely a fixer, but it is priced as such - under $300 per square foot. It is in a very safe neighborhood and has the most wonderful views of the mountains from all rooms in the front of the house, To be honest, most people don't want to take on the work, but it has such potential. It is also in the County, not the city, so permits are much easier to get. So, I think you can find a good deal in a better area. Jackie
Dot Chance, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sun Feb 3, 2008
We have a listing coming up on Adena for a great townhouse!

If you want more info before it hits the market please let me know.

The Chance Team
818-339-7712
Web Reference:  http://www.DotChance.com