In the 34231 area , How are property taxes as well as home insurance calculated. What would be average for those on a $350,000 home?

Asked by boicsedona, 86351 Thu Jan 23, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3143335177-5812-Wildwood-Ave-…

Answers

1
Jason Skowro…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Thu Jan 23, 2014

Property taxes on are calculated 1 of 2 ways. If its your primary residence here, you will qualify for the Homestead exemption. So, probably in the $3000 range per year max. If not, maybe closer to $4000. Regarding insurance...that's where it gets a little sticky. How old is the home? Frame or Masonry construction? Newer roof? Hurricane shutters? Florida home insurance can be a little tough.

I'm a long time property/casualty agent here who left for the real estate biz to interact more with clients face to face. Getting out behind the desk is more my style! Hope this helps. Contact me anytime if you need some insight!
Thank you. In the future,how do I contact you?
Flag Thu Jan 23, 2014