In Pacific Palisades, How much can you add to your avg. square footage for an infinity edged pool and clear ocean view from yard, master bedroom,

Asked by Brad, 90272 Sun Mar 28, 2010

family room, kitchen

Answers

4
Heather Paul’s answer
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Living space inside the property is what is counted as square footage. But the infinity pool and head on ocean views do increase your value; give me a call and I can come by and provide you with a free comparative market analysis.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
Monique and…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hello Brad,

I know the Pacific Palisades and you can't add square footage for an infinity edge pool. Please email me if you can clarify your question? Are you talking about adding price per square foot for having an ocean view and infinity edge pool? If you email me the property I can run comps for you about your specific situatiion.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Brad,
While I love a pool, and particularly the high end type you have, it might not add any additional value to your property. Value of your property will be determined based upon similar property that has sold in your area, based more upon square footage, location , and market then the pool itself.
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Christopher…, Agent, Pacific Palisades, CA
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hello Brad

There's no question that an infinity pool can enhance a properties appeal and value. That's really a very subjective call and it's hard to say what increase in value may exist without knowing more details about the property. For instance; the style of home will certainly have an impact and does the pool take up the entire backyard or is it an addition to enhance an overall outdoor entertainment area?

Feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss the details.

Have a great weekend!

Christopher Watson
Prudential CA Realty
DRE 01744550
(310) 230-3790
http://www.christopherwatson.com
chris@christopherwatson.com