In Hurricane, WV, what is the average cost per sq. ft. to build a 3,000 sq.ft. home?

Asked by T. Cook, Hurricane, WV Thu Feb 26, 2009

Answers

1
Tim, Home Buyer, Hurricane, WV
Sat Jun 13, 2009
A builders average cost is around $65 a square foot. You can build for around $83 sqft. You would be buying a newly constructed home from $110 to $145 a sqft depending on options chosen (cherry cabinets, tile, counter top, carpet/ hardwood, painting, trim package, windows, brick or vinyl, basement, location, deck, etc...) If you build a 2 story - 3,000 sq foot home w/ crawl space and 4 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths--with lot included you would hit around $285,000 - $320,000. If you find a hungry enough builder you can maybe get a decent amount of free upgrades. The rule of thumb is $100.00 a sqft will get you the options you need. Actually, design builders, or somthing like that, is building a large home with all the upgrades on Farmington Road near Teays Valley Meadows. If you like quality work WOW! they do a great job. I am looking to either build or buy and I will probably do something with them. They charge around $108 sqft, but you have the optimum open floorplan with every upgrade. They just started building a house approaching the sqfootage you mentioned. You might want to visualy see what you can get for the money. I was a builder in years past and I do prefer living in a house that I designed for my lifesyle, but you do pay a little more for it. Good Luck!