Al Marble, Home Buyer in Manchester, NH

If I purchased a home in Bridgewater in 2003 valued at $365,000 what would the current value be today in 2009?

Asked by Al Marble, Manchester, NH Fri Feb 13, 2009

I know that the market has decreased since then but I would like to know the percentage of the decrease?

Answers

4
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Mon Feb 16, 2009
Hi Al- If you want a quick number on your property, AOL Real Estate and Zillow can provide a pretty good ballpark # for you in today's market. But this is just a guide based on assumptions and public records.
In general, the value in 2003 and the value today- in Mass- is about the same.
Over the past 2 years, your home value may have decreased by about 20-25%, but from 2003 through 2006/7 it likely increased that 25% or so.
I'm not an appraiser- these are just rough numbers here.
If I can be of any further help, please let me know. Thanks, and good luck,
Ken L.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Hi Al,

There are so many factors tha need to be considered that it woud be impossible to provide you with accurate information based on what little we know. A major factor is how "hard hit " your location was for decreasing home values.

Your best course of action would be to contact an appraiser and pay for a professional appraisal. This would leave little doubt for the approximate value for your home at the time of the appraisal.

Susan Condon,…, Agent, Weymouth, MA
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Good morning! It is imperative you have a REALTOR inside your home to calculate your homes worth today. To try to calculate without inside access can only be a broad guess based on figures available in the MLSPin database. MLSPin unlike some data bases only record the mortgage amounts and may not calculate the seller concessions. With today's FHA programs, there can be as much as a 6% adjustment to gross sales. Home values are based on location, condition, and size. I live in Hanson, was a top producer in the Whitman area for a couple of years, continue to be a top producer in the area, showing homes on a daily basis. If you would invite me to your home to review with you, I can give you a price range of what your home should sell for. I am a full-time, connected, and active agent working with Century 21. Thank you for your consideration!
Richard Power, Agent, Scituate, MA
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Good morning Al, that's almost impossible to answer without a lot more information. Based on articles published in Boston publications, real estate values have dropped considerably, with some communities hit harder than others. You are going to need to bring in professionals who can look at your property and make the appropriate comparisons before you can receive a good answer to your question.

Dick