I would like a broker rent opinion on an SFR in San Diego. 46th Street, SD, 92113. 3 bed/ 2 bath 1368 sq ft?

Asked by Shawn Nichols, Newport Beach, CA Mon Apr 21, 2008

This property just reverted to us (we are a lender). I was wondering if anybody could let me know what they think I could list it as now as a rental and when they thing we should look at selling it, what price we might be able to ask. Let me know if you want more details.

Answers

3
Josh Hambari…, , San Diego, CA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
I would have a look at sdreader.com, which is a local publication with a rental classifieds section as well as craigslist. A ballpark estimate would be around 1500/month depending on what kind of shape the home is in. I pulled up the sales from the past 6 months and they seem to be selling for anywhere from 250-350 per sq. ft. Let me know if I can offer any other assistance.

Make it a great day,

Josh
Josh Hambari…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Jun 12, 2008
Hello Shawn,

I would say it will probably rent for about 1500 give or take a couple hundred depending on what kind of shape it is in. Now is definately not the best time to sell unless you just looking to get it off your books. From my research, I'd say that people are going to start buying this summer, but only properties that are priced right and volume this fall and winter will be sluggish. I see a better sellers market next spring. If you'd like I can prepare a competitive market analysis and send it to you or deliver it to you in Newport Beach. I tailor my real estate business with a personal touch and I like to meet the people I'm dealing with. Let me know if you'd like to schedule something that works for you. You can reach me anytime on my cell phone (760)880-5760.

Have a great day,

Josh Hambarian
Windermere Exclusive Properties
Tara Steinke, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Hi Shawn,

The SFR closed rentals within the last 6 months range in rent from $1300 to $1690 (only 3 rentals in the MLS). It will depend on the exact location and condition of the property. If you are interested in viewing the listings of these rentals please let me know. I would be happy to shoot them over via email. As suggested below, I would check the web postings on Craigslist and Backpage. Just remember that you will not be able to determine the actual rental rates like you can via the MLS. But it will give you an idea of the rates that are being asked on similar properties.

Our team specializes in metro San Diego real estate and can help you rent that property as well as sell it when the time is right. We can make sure it gets posted on about a dozen rental websites. We will handle the tenant procurement and leasing paperwork for you. Check out our website to learn more and lease let us know how we can help.

Best of luck!!
Tara