I see reviews that complain about drug use in the area and kids out of control. Any information on this area would be appreciated.?

Asked by Ms Pamela S Hannula, Florida Tue Jan 15, 2013

Answers

13
vmax34669, Home Owner, Hudson, FL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
I have lived in Hudson for 20 yrs and if I wouldn't take a beating on selling my house I would!!! The kids as are re put of control and drugs are all over. I put up a 6 ft fence on my 100x200 property to keep them out and turrent cameras with adt because the crime is so bad now. They will drill your gas tank for the last drop.
Frankangieli…, Home Buyer, Sarasota, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2013
My wife and I moved here to Hudson a year ago. We live just off of Little rd. and Hudson Ave.
It is a great area for us...no issues with kids, or noise etc. Not sure what the other people are talking about. We have a great and clean area to enjoy. Yes it is a little quiet here, but that's what we were looking for. Easy access to Tampa when we need to get out a bit. We shop all the local stores, and mall. We don't see any of the issues that other people have mentioned. Just make sure to pick a good community that does not have a lot of younger families with kids and you should be fine. Everyone will have their own opinion...but don't let it stop you from living here.
Thank you for an honest answer and a specific location. Any area can have bad neighborhoods. Maybe the homeowner with the problems has a problem with a few people that live close by. One or two bad families can ruin a neighborhood. We are also looking for a quiet are with easy access to Tampa and the Gulf. We also want to live close enough to my parents near the Villages to help when needed. I think Spring Hill fits the bill.
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
hkittymcdivot, Home Owner, Hudson, FL
Fri Jan 18, 2013
I'm a homeowner in Hudson. My seventh year. We live on a canal leading to the Gulf. All of our neighbors are quiet and retired. Now there are many homes hitting the market since the robo signing foreclosure has been straightened out. Some of those house flippers and other people that just got caught in the huge upswing in the prices from 2000-2005. I think it's a nice little town with a huge super Walmart AND a nice Macy's just down the street.
Kitty
Thank you.
Flag Fri Jan 18, 2013
vmax34669, Home Owner, Hudson, FL
Thu Jan 17, 2013
I live on Hick Rd close to the rec center and this is no exaggeration about the area! I am a mail carrier and have had gas stole from my keep the tank drilled and several attempts to break in. And no I'm not in a trailer I own a house . So for you to say crime isn't bad in this area is a understatement. These kids are full of mischief and and drugs are a problem in this area. I don't sell homes so I can speak the truth. Everything changes in time it's to be expected but you never dream that it would get this bad. Sometimes I think we're just as bad as Tampa . I'm not trying to piss anyone off just stating the facts.
Kathy Roule, Agent, Hudson, FL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Hum....Wondering where in Hudson our last responder lives? Certainly sounds like he has problems . It's just not the way it is in the Area from 52 to New York Ave...from the Gulf of Mexico
to the Hicks Road. Maybe you can share the legal subdivision name? ...K

Kathy Roule....Broker/Realtor...Remax Sunset
alwayscallkathy@tampabay.rr.com
Kathy Roule, Agent, Hudson, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2013
I have been a resident of Beacon Woods in Hudson for about 25 years. Going by my experience,Hudson is a sleepy little suburb. I see no kids out of control or rampant drug
use....we enjoy a rather safe lifestyle. Eample, I did a final walk inspection with a buyer
this past week and our big problem was......the seller had not seen a key to side door
in years and best he could figure out.....it had been unlocked for all those years!!!!!

Kathy Roule,Broker/Agent, Re/Max Sunset Realty,alwayscallkathy@tampabay.rr.com
really? I guess you never go to wal mart in hudson just outside beacon woods, there are homeless begging everywhere, hookers by the 19&52, a porno shop where they hang out too...kids breaking into cars off fiva rd and the library...why lie, hudson is a toilet, thats why we left pasco last year.we go back once in a while to visit friends and its worse every time. they live in beacon woods too off clock tower
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
Sun Jun 30, 2013
I just visited and explored the hwy 19 corridor from Port Richey to St Pete.
When you buy just make sure you research the area.
The thing I found was that there are loads of bad areas, whether Hudson or New Port Richey.
But there are also lots of good areas in those communities.
Just look before you buy. It is not difficult to buy in a good area.
If you live in a bad area, move. Pretty simple stuff.
btv79shv, Home Buyer, Hudson, FL
Tue Feb 12, 2013
What you have heard is true. I have lived on Sunnydale Dr Hudson Fl over 20 years. This is a very economically depressed area. Not much work in this area now, do to housing slump. Drugs are very bad on this street. Out of control Adults are a greater problem than kids. Children being neglected and animals uncared for are a real problem also.Thefts are common. Any empty home is stripped of wires and pipes, right out of the walls. Air condotioning units are stolen, and sold to scrap yard.
Thank you for an honest answer. I really want to buy a place in Florida, but am wondering if I will ever find a decent area.
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013
blackishblue…, Home Buyer, Hudson, FL
Fri Jan 25, 2013
I haven't heard too much about drug use but there are a lot of problems with kids breaking into homes and cars. My block on Beauly Cir alone in Trace Highlands off Little Rd and Hudson Ave had 23 confirmed roberies last year alone.
Thank you for the reply. Are the police in this area understaffed, indifferent or do they cover an area so large, it makes it hard for them to do their jobs?
Flag Sat Jan 26, 2013
Kathy Roule, Agent, Hudson, FL
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Miss Jones from DC had the best answer....Contacting the Police to evaluate crime is best
no matter where you buy. I do sell Real Estate and do tell the truth....It's not as novel as you might think. We are trained to tell clients some very hard yet truthful facts and that is just what the successful Realtors do. Everyone, however, is entitled to their opinion and truth is shaped
by our experiences. I love the Hudson area and find no issues with vandalism, drugs or gangs
of children.

Kathy Roule...Broker/Realtor....Re/max Sunset....alwayscallkathy@tampabay.rr.com
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Hi Ms. Pamela, Contact the police in the area to ask questions.
puppy133771, Home Buyer, Saint Augustine, FL
Thu Jan 17, 2013
WE WOULD LIKE SOME GOOD AREA'S IN FLA. FOR RETIRE PEOPLE TO LIVE BUT HAVE A LEAST 1/2 ACRE WITH HOME AND 2 DOGS 2 CATS TO LIVE... IN IT TOO. NEAR STORES HOSPITALS AND DOCTORS.. AND OF COURSE $75.000 TO $125.000

HELP
for that price you will only get a trailer in the woods....you will not be safe so stay where you are
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
Thu Jan 17, 2013
isee so many bad things about Hudson fl and when I look on line about crime there it shows its fine. we want to live there but, god we dont need what we are leaving NC for the same kind of things like drugs, and low life people... Where is good in Fla to live???? and ideas. We are retiring and want safe and secure areas. plus hospital and drs near by and of course stores close to shop.. please help!!