I saw Seattle average price sqft is $2,527,but I checked redfin, few home price sqft is higher than$1,000. Is the data of trulia believable?

Asked by elizabethyizhang425, Seattle, WA Mon Aug 27, 2012

Answers

4
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Well, Elizabeth, that's not correct. You can buy fine Mercer Island waterfront for half that.
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Price per square ft is not relevant information in my opinion because it takes into account the land as well & so for smaller homes, the price per square ft will be higher the mid size homes.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Elizabeth,
Price per square foot is only as good as the quality of the sample size & selection. If several smaller homes on one level close, the price per square foot will go up. If larger, multilevel homes close the price will go down.
The only data you should use for decision making is the data drawn from a quality Broker preparing a Comparable Market Analysis from the most similar comparables. Zillow, Trulia, Eppraisal, Core Logic and others are all interesting, but not reliable for a specific home.
Ray Akers, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Without knowing the precise data you are looking at, it is difficult to respond. Are you looking at a specific neighborhood? Are you looking at single-family homes, condos, or waterfront property? It's best to consult with a Realtor who can narrow your search to the specific type of property and price range that interests you. General numbers from RedFin, Trulia, or any other source are not helpful.