Market Conditions in 14607>Question Details

Michael, Home Seller in Rochester, NY

I purchased a Condo on Park Ave last July. I want to sell now. Can anyone tell me if value has gone up, down?

Asked by Michael, Rochester, NY Tue Nov 18, 2008

or stayed the same? Recent transactions for condo's appear to run from $100 to $190/sq ft. I am in a very desireable location close to the coming Barrington Condo's. My home is over 2,000 sq ft and has 2.5 baths. I purchased at about $108/sq ft. Thank you.

Answers

5
Michael Walker’s answer
Hello Michael,

I was wonderinf how you made out? Did you end up selling it? If you haven't and if now is the time ... I'd be happy to talk to you about today's market. People are out there -- I've got 4 showings on my listings tonight alone and it's a Friday night!

If I can assist ... please don't hesitate to contact me.

Michael Walker
Century 21 - Premier Properties
585-645-1258
Mike@MikeWalkerHomes.com
Michael: Joyce is exactly right. You need an up to date competitive market analysis. In order to do that, I need to see your condo so I can compare condition and details. I also agree with her comments about Century 21. George
Hello Michael.........the real estate market appears to be spiraling downward; this is countrywide. The best advice I can give you is to call in a real estate professional to do a Comparative Market Analysis on your condo. They will work with the finished (any area with heat & electric) sq. ft., the year it was built and, of course, the location. I strongly suggest calling in a CENTURY 21 real estate agent. We have (according to a study done in 2007) 98% name recognition & that may very well help you with the sale. Good luck!
Joyce/Century 21 Hudson Valley Realty
Jstant21@aol.com
Hi Michael,

I would be happy to help you get the most you possibly can for your condo. If you want to e-mail me back to set up an appointment to discuss your need. I would never attempt to discuss your personal needs or make an assesment in an on-line conversation. Feel free to contact me when the time is right for you to sell.

"Always There For You"

Larry Timmons
Hello Michael,
The best thing for you to do is to bring in a realtor that is knowledgeable of your area. Any qualified realtor will put together a comapartive market analysis to show you exactly how your home fits into the current market.

As for the answer to your original question, the market has showed some signs of slowing down by means of less activity but has otherwise remained stable. The good news in that the value of the homes are not going down as a whole.

There are some circumstaces that have led to some sellers losing a bit of their original investment. One of the most common reasons was that 3 or 4 years ago the market was smoking hot and that resulted in people getting into competitve situations as buyers and paying well over asking price for the home.

I could probably type my fingers off on the subject but I won't. Instead, if you would like the opportunity to chat in person about what you have and what it is worth, you can give me a call or an email anytime. I am very familiar with Park Ave having lived there for quite a while. As well as living there I have sold quite a few properties in and around that area, including 2 beautiful homes on Sibley Place and 1 on Granger that closed this week.

I love the area and would love to help you out in all this if you would like. I can meet with you even just to satisfy youy curiosity.

Whatever you need fell free to call.

Sincerly,
Leif Mermagen
LSP for Nothnagle Realtors
Leif@nothnagle.com
585-576-9406