I own an 8 unity (2 BR units) apt building and i would like to upgrade and convert to condos - sale each unit

Asked by Delton Courtney, Clifton Park, N Fri Jan 4, 2008

to existing tenants or new ownership. are there companies or literature I can access for advice.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Fri Jan 4, 2008
Check on the zoning and building departments in the local township. You must adhere to local government codes and requirements. There are also attorneys who specialize in this.
Web Reference:  http://gailgladstone.com
0 votes
Aileen-Manha…, , New York, NY
Fri Jan 4, 2008
I'm not sure if this advice is on Trulia, but I do know that agents and Realtors are good resources for you. You should also conduct a search (ask the local chamber of commerce or builders' association or on the internet) for real estate development and/or investment groups. Our broker has a new development section in which they help a building owner through the process of converting an existing building such as yours into condos. There may be a large brokerage in your area that does the same. If you don't want to work with a real estate brokerage, try and look for real property investment groups. Lastly, a real estate attorney in your area might be useful to speak with as they may know contractors, investors and laws that affect your decision to convert your building.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Market Conditions in Popular Schenectady Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more