I'm thinking about buying rentals in the area. Are people able to get jobs? Do people largely rent or buy? Typical rent for 3bd 2bth?

Asked by Katie, Battle Creek, MI Sat Apr 7, 2012

I live in OR so I need to be sure that something in your area will get rented in 30 days or less.

Answers

6
Nancy Robins…, Agent, Royal Oak, MI
Sun Oct 20, 2013
Our market is so hot for rentals that people are randomly calling Realtors with homes for sale to ask about rental opportunities. You can expect to find next to nothing to buy to cash flow positively in Birmingham.
Ashley Johns…, Agent, Battle Creek, MI
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Battle Creek Michigan is also in need of available rentals for families. It could be a great area to invest in. There are many factories and higher paying positions in the area.
Jandsthompso…, Home Owner, Clayton, MI
Tue Feb 26, 2013
I live in Marshall, MI and there is such a shortage of rental homes for families here! 3 bed, 1-2 bath would be snatched up in hours, not 30 days!
Letitia Patt…, Agent, Southfield, MI
Mon May 7, 2012

If you're looking to purchase and rent properties but don't live in the state, I would highly recommend the following:

1. Approach this like a business. Since you're not here anyway, you're not tied to any particular area! So, look at the actual facts:

- How much do you have to invest with?
- What amount would you like to make per year on your investments?
- What resources do you need to ensure it's a well-oiled machine running along perfectly and producing income for you steadily?

2. Once you know the best areas and incomes, choose professionals that will do the following:

- Find the best properties in the areas identified
- Help you purchase and close quickly
- Help you professionally manage the property: take care of and deposit rents into your account, fix any maintenance issues rapidly, find tenants quickly

If you don't live here, I'd love to have you consider buying a functioning business unit (also known as a house, but think of it slightly differently now).

You want a headache and hassle-free property that produces for you for a long time to come.

Please let us know if we can be of help in this search.

Letitia N. Patterson
(la-tee-sha)

Community Choice Realty
261 E. Maple Rd
Birmingham, MI

Office: 248-905-1531
Cell: 248 506-9426
Fax: 248 504-5656
Email: myrealestateteam1@gmail.com
Madhu Oberoi, Agent, West Bloomfield, MI
Sat Apr 7, 2012
The rent varies with the area you are in. Once you select the area it should be easy to find you a rental within your price range.
Contact me.
Madhu Oberoi
248-875-6739
Sat Apr 7, 2012
The rental market right now is very good in the Detroit Area. Rentals are moving fast as people who do not have the down payment for a mortgage but have steady jobs and families are looking for rental homes. I have seen rentals move as fast as they come on the market.
If you need help looking for rental property contact me and i can help you.
Madhu Oberoi
Real Estate One
madhuoberoi@hotmail.com
248-875-6739