If you're looking to purchase and rent properties but don't live in the state, I would highly recommend the following:
1. Approach this like a business. Since you're not here anyway, you're not tied to any particular area! So, look at the actual facts:
- How much do you have to invest with?
- What amount would you like to make per year on your investments?
- What resources do you need to ensure it's a well-oiled machine running along perfectly and producing income for you steadily?
2. Once you know the best areas and incomes, choose professionals that will do the following:
- Find the best properties in the areas identified
- Help you purchase and close quickly
- Help you professionally manage the property: take care of and deposit rents into your account, fix any maintenance issues rapidly, find tenants quickly
If you don't live here, I'd love to have you consider buying a functioning business unit (also known as a house, but think of it slightly differently now).
You want a headache and hassle-free property that produces for you for a long time to come.
Please let us know if we can be of help in this search.
Letitia N. Patterson
Community Choice Realty
261 E. Maple Rd
Cell: 248 506-9426
Fax: 248 504-5656