Trishy, Other/Just Looking in 44221

I'm just starting college and i am thinking about going to be a realtor. I was wondering what coarses to take and if it's really a good

Asked by Trishy, 44221 Sun Oct 11, 2009

idea to.... get into it now? Also if being a realtor Iwould be pretty well off or if it's more or less like a second job??

Answers

3
Mary Starkey, , Dayton, OH
Sun Oct 11, 2009
Although you do not need a college degree to become a Realtor, I notice many Realtors do have their college degree. I got my Realtor's license by going to Hondros in Dayton/Cincinnati but either board of realtors also offer classes for real estate license. Good luck!
Sandra Mathe…, Agent, Grand Junction, CO
Sun Oct 11, 2009
Trishy,
Congratulations on going to college! If you would like to become a Realtor, then courses in Business Administration/Management and Computer skills are the best. Certain things about real estate you learn over time, but the skills college teaches you will put you ahead of the others. If you want to start partime you could become an assistant or a Virtual Assistant. The Virtual Assistant designation actually has a certification process and you could be licensed in your state. You would learn one of the critical skills of real estate which is marketing.
Also become very proficient in social media such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs (even if you don't choose real estate)
Good luck Trishy, no matter what you choose!
Web Reference:  http://www.SoldOnFernley.com
Mark Ryan-Ma…, Agent, Centerville, OH
Sun Oct 11, 2009
Trishy,

I can not talk specifically for your market but in our area it is great... IF you do it then you need to make it a full time job... It is really not something you can do "part time" you need to be available when you clients need you... and when other agents need to call about property of purchase offers, etc...

I run a real estate team and think this is a great way for a new person to break into the business. It has some great benefits... you don't have the overhead and/or risk that the team leader takes on, have a steady stream of leads... No, you don't get as large of a split but should make more than you would on your own...

As for classes... doubt truly that the classes you talk will do much good... you really learn once you get "into it..." and/or the various certifications etc... CRS is the best overall in my opinion, the ABR is great if you plan on working with buyers...

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any follow up questions.

Mark