L. Brockmeier, Home Buyer in durham, nc, usa

I'm interested in comparing resale values/time on market in the Parkwood area vs. other parts of Durham. My

Asked by L. Brockmeier, durham, nc, usa Fri Mar 14, 2008

agent is of the opinion that Parkwood would not be a good investment for me because the homes take longer to sell than in other parts od Durham, and they have not gained/held value as well. Problem is, in Parkwood I can get a decent-sized house on a big lot for what seems to me to be a reasonable price ... plus the location really works for me. I don't want to get into a situation where I'll have a hard time selling, however, because I'm not sure I'll stay in the same place for more than 5 years or so. I just want to weigh other people's opinions of Parkwood's value in relation to the rest of Durham.

Answers

1
Glenda Marks, , Charlotte, NC
Fri Mar 14, 2008
I am familiar with those areas as I formerly lived near them.

I am of the opinion that location and convenience is more important. Plus it sounds like you really like the houses sizes and the yard sizes.

No agent can predict what is going to happen in 5 years. Make your offer to match your comfort level, but it sounds like you have already made up your mind.
Web Reference:  http://www.queencitygal.com