Market Conditions in Miami>Question Details

Gflowers63, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

I'm a realtor in miami fl. my son would like to buy and apt., in New York city how could I check myself thru the mlx.

Asked by Gflowers63, Miami, FL Tue Aug 27, 2013

Answers

8
Check with your local board... They might offer access through some type of co-op software
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 27, 2013
Honestly (and I am here laughing at some of the responses) better to have an agent in NY assist you than to attempt doing this on your own. I moved for a year to Orlando back in 2007 and this is Orlando, FL not NY, it was not an easy experience, not inexpensive either, I was forced to pay everyone's MLS in my office here in Miami, FL (had REO listings which of course were not going to be released).
Hi, Glowers63.

Please contact me direct and we can talk.
I''m a New York Broker. We can help. I have Lic in Florida also. I travel all the time back and forth.
Alfonso Pinzon, pinzonal@hotmail.com. Thanks,
HI
You can go to Fusion, in Home go to SmartLinks them go to Data Co-op.
It is very easy.

Vicqui zavala
Realtor associate
Real Lving Firs Service Realty
Cell 786-553-3824
E-mail: vicquizavala.realtor@gmail.com
Good luck with that! Went through that same bit if fun with our son a couple years ago. New York has no mls like we do, so you have to either find an agent who participates in a sharing arrangement with other offices, or you have to get the NY Times Real Estate section and target open houses. The agent involvement is different, too: the agent sort of negotiates the price, but then steps out of the deal, handing everything off to attorneys. The agent is not involved in the contract process or closing, as we are here.

However: If you think the market in Miami is crazy, in NY it is NUTS. People are showing up at open houses sight unseen with cash offers in-hand. The prices are getting bid up like crazy and the demand is so high. Truth, he might be better to rent for a while - but the rental market there is even crazier than the sale market. There are a lot of independent firms that demand that you sign a contract requiring the tenant to pay a commission (sometimes 3 months) with no regard for the fact that the agent might also be collecting from the building he is showing you. You can peruse the NY rentals on-line, too, and go direct to the buildings. Cheaper and often easier.

The agent we work with up there is Hadas Benoir, with Douglas Eliman; she's been quite good at finding sales and rentals. I expect you could find her on-line.
Your broker, the Board, NAR, Realtor.com, the CRS directory, always check these resources. Good luck.
You can always browse properties for free on REALTOR.COM which includes out of state listings.
If you only want to browse listings, realtor.com should be sufficient. You can also join NY MLS board which is $29.99/month or $300/year. More information and general requirements are under the link below:

http://www.nystatemls.com/faq.html

You need to contact a Realtor in NY to help you.