Market Conditions in 45040>Question Details

Kristen Monl…, Home Seller in Mason, OH

I live in Mason Ohio half way between Cincinnati and Dayton. My house has been on the market for about 3

Asked by Kristen Monley, Mason, OH Mon Aug 11, 2008

weeks for sale by owner. I received an offer over the weekend, its less than what I would like and I am trying to decide if I should accept it or hold out and wait for more. Can someone update me on the housing market in the Mason area. Are prices still declining? I bought the house a year and a half ago for $220. The offer I received is $220 however they have a realtor I would have to pay 3% to so I would loose $6600. I dont want to be unrealistic. Do other realtors think this is a good deal given the market we are in today or are things getting better and I should wait for a better price.

Help the community by answering this question:


Larry Jebsen’s answer
If I'm not too late. I know the Mason market very well. Our market is flat. What you paid for the home is probably still the price. to hold on for more would cost you mortgage , taxes, maintanance, utilities,etc. Pay the realtor fee and move on. You've done well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 20, 2008
Hi Kristen!

We are actually experiencing a slight increase in home values. For more information, check out this article . For information on selling your home "For Sale By Owner" check out these articles and . Please feel free to contact me at anytime if you have more questions.

Christina Asad Edwards, REALTOR
2006 & 2007 Sales Masters Top Agent
mobile or text 937-205-4741
office 937-573-0082
fax 937-433-3561
Real Living Realty - #1 in OHIO!
Realty, Mortgage, Title, Relocation
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 13, 2008
You should have a Realtor and/or Lawyer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 11, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer