I like to ask people who live in hollywood hills say it gets extremely hot?

Asked by Maria.formenton, New York, NY Mon Jun 30, 2014

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F3074938743-1734-N-Doheny-Dr-Los… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3074938743-1734-N-Doheny-Dr-L…

Answers

5
Nancy Hannah, Agent, Marina del Rey, CA
Thu Jul 17, 2014
Hi Maria,

I just answered your question about Pacific Palisades and Malibu. Coming from NYC, I can't imagine that you will find Doheny Drive or really any part of the Hollywood Hills extremely hot. What you will find in most parts of the hills is sensational views and central air -- maybe a pool. You will also be within a short distance of some of the best restaurants in LA.

Los Angeles is basically a desert and in the summer it's hot. But, by hot I mean rarely over 90 and little humidity by comparison to the east coast.

Please feel free to use my website, LiveinSoCalStyle.com, to search this or other areas of southern California, FREE. You will also find that the Market Insider technology on the site will provide you with information on schools, crime statistics, recent sales and demographic information.

Please contact me personally if you feel I might serve you further.

Best wishes,

Nancy Hannah - 323-487-3236
LiveinSoCal.com
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2014
Extremely hot? They don't know the area.
Clark, Home Buyer, Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Jul 1, 2014
Definitely not hot. Avg year round in the 70s. I live here. Whoever told you that is talking about the valley. Doheny Dr is NOT in the valley.
Ben Vorspan, Agent, Studio City, CA
Mon Jun 30, 2014
It depends on your opinion of "Extremely hot", and where in the hills you are.

Generally, the San Fernando Valley is in the mid-90s to 100+ range in the summer. The City ranges from the 70s at the beaches to the low 90s in the Hollywood area.

This particular property is in the hills between the City and the Valley, so it's probably going to be a little bit warmer than the city, but cooler than the valley. You might get some of the breeze from the ocean, but not as much. If this property is in a section of the hills that shields it from the breeze, that can increase temperatures.

The bottom line is that it will probably be in the 90s on the warmer summer days (which makes for perfect evenings outside on that amazing deck with that glorious view). Compared to 100+ in the Valley, it's not what I'd call extremely hot... But if you're interested in spending $10million, and you're worried about the heat, I would be happy to show you some properties along the ocean that you might like :)

Good luck with your search!
Jim Malmberg, Agent, Burbank, AZ
Mon Jun 30, 2014
Hollywood Hills is a large area. Portion of it look out over Burbank and the Valley. Others look out over Hollywood.

The Valley side is likely to be warmer than the Hollywood side, but it will also depend upon the elevation of the property. Houses that are high in the hills are likely to be cooler than homes that are at the bottom of the hills.

With all of that said, Los Angeles sits in the middle of the desert. There really isn't anywhere that you can go where the heat won't eventually catch up to you.