I have heard that this property has some geological issues ?

Asked by info, Calabasas, CA Tue Mar 26, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/7958781-Single-Family-Home-Ca…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Wed May 1, 2013
Make sure you address this with your Realtor and double check with your attorney that you do not cause a liability issue by stating this on a public website, I am not an attorney, but I would suggest checking with one.
0 votes
6385038, Both Buyer And Seller, Calabasas, CA
Wed May 1, 2013
You'll need to go to the county permitting office. They will have maps of all known surface faults in the area. You should have the plat-map for the area. If you don't have that try using the properties legal description.
All new construction in areas known to have surface faults are required to have geological studies done. This is where they dig a hole 8 feet deep the entire length of the proposed construction plus 50 feet each side.
Compaction, percolation and other soils studies are needed for pools, driveways, foundations, septic systems ..... etc.
I didn't look at the age of your house so it may have been built prior to the newer codes. Not all counties or for that matter the person behind the counter in the county office is going to require the same thing.
Talk with the neighbors (plural as in 20+), talk with the HOA, call your insurance agent and give them the address. They will know if there are any problems in the neighborhood.
An owners disclosure is the last thing I'd rely on as proof of a problem free house. The seller and agent are long gone with your money from the sale while you're left to deal with the problem, litigation, and insurance claims to remedy the situation.
0 votes
Zack King, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Thu Mar 28, 2013
First off the home looks beautiful you have good taste. It didn't disclose any foundation or geological issues anywhere. So I would ask your source where they heard there was an issue. Also, I noticed the home has a pool and usually a geological study is required to build a pool so there could be one on file with the city. You can also take a contractor/engineer/architect you trust on a tour of the home with you and see if they see anything that is suspect. If you don't know anyone I would be happy to schedule something with some of my contacts. If you are not currently working with someone please give me a call I would love to help you in the search for the perfect home.

Zack King
Keller Williams Estates Calabasas
(818) 825-7388
0 votes
Nathaniel Pi…, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Tue Mar 26, 2013
The best way to get information on a property you are interested in purchasing is to get into escrow on the property. While in escrow you will be entitled to get all existing reports and conduct any investigations you choose.
I am a Calabasas agent and am available to further assist if you need

Nathaniel Pitchon-Getzels
Web Reference:  http://www.Getzelshomes.com
0 votes
Apparently, as told to me by a neighbor of this property, the buyers left escrow due to a damaging geological report. Would this not be disclosed for future buyers?
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013
I would hope to have that information disclosed prior to entering into escrow, would you not agree ?
Flag Tue Mar 26, 2013
Susan Bo'ur, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Good morning,
I've located the property in question.
I don't see any up front disclosure regarding your issue. Where did you get your info from?
If you are not currently with a realtor researching this for you, I'd be happy to.
Susan Bo'ur Realtor
(310) 600-4240
0 votes
A neighbor to this property indicated the recent buyers left escrow due to a damaging geological report. Would this not be disclosed to future potential buyers?
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013
Good morning Susan,.
It is my understanding a geological inspection was done and found the foundation/slab was not level.
Flag Tue Mar 26, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more