I have followed over 55 condos (Sterling Hill) in Exeter NH as second home. Any updated info\trends on available sales--is this a good time to buy?

Asked by Ben Parks, San Francisco, CA Mon Oct 11, 2010

I have followed the purchase\sales of condos at Sterling Hill in Exeter NH as prices have changed over last 3 years. Is the market right to get a great deal on a condo in this complex as a second home for a person over 55 years old? I have seen a unit as low as $199,000 and as high as $289,000 in complex. Are prices stable or what for this complex? Is it better to look for a single family unit or this type condo if you want to escape the winters to return to a home in warmer climate like CA. Finally, is it difficult to lock and leave homes in NH's climate.

Answers

2
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Ben a condominium differs from a single family in that all the exterior care will be taken care of for you. They may have amenities such as a pool and clubhouse a single family wont have. Where they are newer there will be less maintenance. With a single family you can get more privacy and can get a similar sized home as the condo but you will have to hire soemone to maintain. Alot of over 55 complexes have snow birds, it is relatively easy in the condo to winterize and head out for the winter, neighbors will be watching, maintenance will still plow your driveway and shovel the walk. In a single family you have to hire it all out, and your neighbors may not be as close to watch your house.

i would be more than happy to email you listing sheets and assist you with finding a home here in NH. Just email me direct at sctprop@aol.com and i can get them right out so you can see the prices.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Hi Ben, I wrote a four part blog about the topic of whether it's the right time to buy. It goes through the whole decision making process. I think you'll find good food for though to apply to this specific situation. Link below. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!