I have an 80/15 piggyback loan, at 6.5% and 8.25% res. I am looking to refinance and just received my

Asked by Anita, Pennsylvania Sun Mar 15, 2009

appraisal - luckily we appraised very well and could combine our 80/15, and have over 20% equity. The bank I am dealing with seems to be struggling with this - is this a common request? Can this be done easily? I have good credit and the new rate would be 4.75% - It seems like the best course of action, is there something I am missing?

Answers

5
Michael D De…, , 18969
Mon Mar 16, 2009
Anita,
It should be done easily, however. nothing is easy anymore when it comes to mortgages. If your information is correct, you should be a great candidate to refinance. If you need any further help refinancing, I would be happy to help.
The very best of luck to you!
Michael

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
michaelddelp@aol.com
michaelddelp@verizon.net
http://www.mortgagepro.instantlender.com
Dennis Stran…, Agent, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Mon Mar 16, 2009
anita,
i agree with the previous post, you should definetly meet face to face with a reputable lender to find out what your options are. each loan is based on personal information, such as credit score, debt to income ratio, etc. an experienced loan officer will be able to help you get where you need to be.....please keep in mind that the refi and purchase loan rules have been changing rapidly over the last few months even as recent as two weeks ago. contact me if you would like to be referred to great loan officers that will help you save money.
Web Reference:  http://www.DennisStrange.com
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sun Mar 15, 2009
Anita
Definitely shop, compare, and get references. Just because they sound good does not mean they can really do it. Not all loan officers are created equal.
David Witsen, , West Palm Beach, FL
Sun Mar 15, 2009
Hi Anita,
That's Great that you had a favorable appraisal. Banks are having all kinds of problems but the issue of LTV (Loan to Value) shouldn't be one of them. As a matter of fact, They should be catering to you for having equity as their biggest problems are owners with little or no equity. The simple and probably most favorable to you would be a straight Re-Fi. I am presuming you are in PA. My suggestion would be to meet face to face with a "Local" lender and discuss your situation and needs. If you call around or go online, You will get all kinds of rates BUT they will have hidden or "Junk" fee's . I would be happy to refer you to lenders I know and trust.
Regardless, Make certain that you get a GFE "Good Faith Estimate" and have a knowledgeable person review it with you.
Adrienne Dup…, Both Buyer And Seller, 20721
Sun Mar 15, 2009
Anita,

This should not be a problem. You can pay off both of these mortgages and get a new first mortgage. Contact me if you want to refinance. adupree@adriennedupree.com