I have always been told it's location, location, location that matters?

Asked by April, Potomac, MD Thu Mar 27, 2008

A realtor showing me a house last week told me it's not so much about location anymore as it is about the price. She said now it's all about the price. Sure location matters some but it's price, price, price. What do you think? Is she in the majority or the minority?

Answers

1
Barbara Vance, , orlando- windermere vicinity
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Sorry, I have to disagree with your Realtor. Location is ALWAYS king. within the BEST location look for the very best pricing you can find. Here in Central Florida there are areas already stablizing. These are the VERY best locations with the highest rated public schools. The "answer man" from Virginia has made a misstatement. Having been through 2 earlier recessions with down trends in Real Estate the time for a comeback has been within 3-4 years. Look at pricing pre-boom time, when appreciation was more normal (between 3-7% depending on area, etc) . For example if pre-boom means 2003, ask your Realtor to look up sold properties similar to ones you'd be interested in and make offers consistent with that year.
Its an opportunity to pick up a bargain in the best location you can afford.

Best of Luck.