I have a house in Omaha that we have been renting out for the past four years. It's in the Dundee area. 5 bedrooms. The renters want to buy it.

Asked by Mfox, Omaha, NE Tue May 29, 2012

How do we come up witha good price for us. Do we get an independent appraiser to
Ok at it for a price

Answers

7
Real Estate…, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Did you end up getting all the information that you needed?
Are the renters going forward with a purchase?

Sherry Dixon
The Real Estate Pros
NP Dodge Real Estate
402-706-9949
Fred Collins, , Omaha, NE
Tue May 29, 2012
You definitely want to find a highly recommended Appraiser in Omaha. There are some not so good appraisers in the area which can significantly overprice your house and cause a sale not to happen. As Kathy mentioned, an experienced agent can definitely get your home sold with a good CMA. Feel free to contact if you would like. Cell 4029153811 or Fred@gtrsales.com.
Sherry Dixon, , Omaha, NE
Tue May 29, 2012
The market in the Dundee area has been very strong since January. Is your property North or South of Dodge?
The cost of a full appraisal to determine the value would be close to $700.00 and not money you should have to spend. The appraiser would compare your property to the same property information that I would use to determine the value. I would be happy to provide that information for you and help you with your negotiations if that is something that would interest you. Feel free to respond by email to Sherry@SherryDixon.com or call me at 402-706-9949.
Are you a Harrison Grade School Graduate?

Sherry Dixon
The Real Estate PRo!s
NP Dodge Real Estate
Paul Steffes, Agent, Omaha, NE
Tue May 29, 2012
I would say that if you are ok with the price that they are willing to pay, that in my opinion would be the most important. Because if they don't want to pay what you want, there probably won't be a sale.
Kathy Miller, Agent, Omaha, NE
Tue May 29, 2012
I would recommend getting an experienced appraiser who is familiar with the Dundee area to help you and your buyer arrive at a price that is fair to both of you. You probably will receive many offers for free CMAs. A well prepared CMA from an agent with lots of experience can be as accurate as an appraisal. However, I know from training new agents for the last several years, that it takes time and practice to get them close to being right. The more cookie cutter the neighborhood, the easier they are. Dundee is not such a neighborhood.
Tim Maxwell, Agent, Omaha, NE
Tue May 29, 2012
A most accurate assessment that you can have done is an Adjusted Market Analysis. I provide these at no cost. Not every house is exactly the same, therefore, I make adjustments to each comparable so that each house is as close to being exactly the same as yours. That way, you know what the market is dictating for price and what price to list it for in comparison to those homes around you. Appraisals only provide an average worth to your house, but unfortunately the market dictates what your house is really worth. For a complete and complimentary Adjusted Market Analysis please call Tim Maxwell at 402-210-8292 or email me at tim.maxwell@cbshome.com or visit my website at http://www.timmaxwellhomes.com. I am a licensed Realtor with CBSHome Real Estate and I would love to help you in any way I can. I hope this helps you.
Susan Clark, Agent, Omaha, NE
Tue May 29, 2012
I recommend you hire a licensed appraiser to provide you with a full report to determine the sale price.