I have a house in Ardenwood area of Fremont. Just like others my property value also dropped. The drop wasn't

Asked by Abhijit Bhattacharya, Ardenwood, Fremont, CA Wed Jan 7, 2009

so much up to August-Sept so that I can file an appeal. Is it possible to file an appeal for reassessment at this time of the year? Also I am getting my home mortgage refinanced. Can I submit that appraisal report as basis of my request.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John J Dutra, , Fremont, CA
Wed Jan 7, 2009
As I understand it, the assessor is only reviewing values from late 07' to Spring of 08' currently for comparison. Going to the site: http://www.acgov.org, you will find under "Most Popular Forms" the form you will need to fill in. They will be looking for 3 comparables from that time which you can get from a good realtor - try Carl Medford at 510-750-3300 and he should be able to help. The time frame may change - so call them to confirm.
0 votes
Dawn Rivera, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Jan 7, 2009
Hi Abhijit, You can go to this site click on the square that says Proposition 8: Reassessment Review
Due to Decline in Market Value and read the information. As you scroll down you will see where to click to get the form you need to fill out. http://www.acgov.org/assessor/ hope this helps,..... Dawn
Web Reference:  http://dawnrivera4homes.com
1 vote
Brian Ripp, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Jan 7, 2009
Hello Abhijit,
Yes, I believe you will have to file the paperwork for reassessment after March 31, 2009. The web site for the county is: http://www.acgov.org - You should be able to review the guidelines and go from there.

Hope this helps,
Brian Ripp, Broker, CRS, GRI
Realty World-Viking Realty
Realtor since 1985
510-794-9006 wk
510-710-4905 cell
1 vote
Bob and Rich…, Agent, Newtown, CT
Wed Jan 7, 2009
You should contact the department that taxes properties in your area. Many towns have a deadline on when assessment appeals can be filed. They are generally helpful, but if you miss the date, you'll have a tough time geting the assessment appealed. In some areas, a local attorney handles this and in other places, it is the homeowner who must file the paperwork. They will tell if you if they will accept the new appraisal or not.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more