I am trying to do a reassessment on my home. Can i request a CMA from any realtor, how much do they cost? Christine, Pomona, CA

Asked by Christine, Pomona, CA Tue May 31, 2011

The County Assessor's office recently reassessed my home and the value went up. I need to find some recently sold homes in my zip code to compare it to their assessed value. I just heard on the news that home prices are continuing to go down. So i believe they may have reassessed my home wrong. Would a CMA help more than finding at least 3 properties that have sold in my zip code?

Answers

11
Chris Ramos, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wed Jun 1, 2011
Yes, a CMA would help you verify the estimated value of your home. Please call me at 909-472-1799 so I can get additional information and email a CMA to you. Thanks for the inquiry!
Chris Ramos
Realty Executives Experts
Melissa Krch…, , Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
I've done this for clients in the past and usually just do the whole process for them. Let me know if you'd like any assistance beyond just comps.
Diana Pineda, Agent, Pomona, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
Hi Christine,
I have a listing that is in escrow in Pomona now and will be more than glad to assist you at no charge. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email or cell.

Diana Pineda
#01714000
Email: diana@buyamericaservices.com or dcerverap@yahoo.com
Bill Mota, Agent, Monrovia, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
Most full time agents will usually prepare a CMA for free - hoping to develop a relationship with the seller IF/ WHEN you decide to sell. I was previously an alternate commissioner for the LA County Assessment Appeals Board - so I am very familiar with the process. Email me your address and I will be happy to provide you with a CMA (at no cost). However, I might ask you for a referral instead. Good Luck - Bill Mota 626) 233-0190
Brett Ehart, , Phillips Ranch, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
H Christine,

I live and work in Pomona. Feel free to call me to discuss this. I won't charge you.

Brett
(909) 868-1955
Frank Cerpa, Agent, Pomona, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
Hello Christine,

There is some great information for you in these posts provided so far. I know the Pomona area intimately, as it is my own backyard as well (20 year resident). I can provide you with a CMA and answer any other questions you may have about your home.

Frank Cerpa
fcerpa@live.com
Eric J Soder…, , Pleasanton, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
Hi Christine,

Using zip codes to compare with your home will not provide you an accurate comparison. If you want a full CMA and have no interest in using the Realtor for further service they may want to charge. I would think that around $200 would be a fair price. There is a lot that goes into a proper CMA. See my Blog on using a CMA to get the value of a home. I added the URL in the web reference below.

If you just want a few prices on homes like yours that recently sold nearby you may find a realtor that will do that for free. It’s always good to meet a new contact as a realtor.

Eric Soderlund
Teresa Krawi…, Agent, Covina, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
Christine, please email me directly or call. I will be happy to provide you with CMA and check if there is a problem with the assessed value.
Teresa Krawiec
Realty Executives Cornerstone
TeresaKrawiec@msn.com
Mainstreet R…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Tue May 31, 2011
Hi Christine,

Feel free to stop by our office and I will be happy to help you out. No Charge.
Shane Milne, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, South Jordan, UT
Tue May 31, 2011
It sounds like you've found out from Los Angeles County that you need to provide some evidence of sales similar to yours within your zip code.... and so yes, a CMA would reveal that information. CMA's should come at no cost, although if it's just a random agent you are calling I wouldn't expect it to be done within minutes, but the following day wouldn't be unusual. If you still keep in touch with your own real estate agent they should be willing to do a CMA for free as well I'm sure.
David Burnham, , Washington, DC
Tue May 31, 2011
A CMA may help, but it all depends on your local tax office. Most Realtors are happy to run some numbers for you and you can always try with your tax office.