I am looking to buy a 3 bed condo/TH in the Bethnay area/Reho, primarily as a rental property and occasional personal use.

Asked by James, 19355 Sat Oct 31, 2009

I am currently looking at Bear Trap and Bayside at Bethany Lake. Which one offers a better rental opportunity and the reasons? I would like to get a comparison of a realistic/conservative estimate of rental collected in these two communities for a 3 bed condo/th. What will be a fair price to get a 3 bed condo/TH in these two communities under the current market condition based on recent sales? Are there other communities in Bethany comparable to these two that fit my description?

Answers

6
TheOldfatherGroup’s answer
TheOldfather…, Agent, Rehoboth Beach, DE
Sun Dec 30, 2012
At this point relative to the change in prices, you may have the financial strength to purchase a single family home. Did you find something wonderful or are you still on the look out?

Warm Regards,

Dustin & Mariya
Steve Morgan…, , Bethany Beach, DE
Tue Jan 26, 2010
James - I own several rentals personally. A single family house down Bethany Beach that is rented weekly, a condo in Creekside that i rent year around and another in Bethany Meadows. Are you looking to do seasonaly rentals? Or year rentals. When it comes to financing the purchase of investment vs a second home a upfront question - answer can save you thousands of dollars. Contact me for advise. Thanks Steve
Web Reference:  http://www.steve-morgan.com
stop foreclo…, Both Buyer And Seller, Delaware
Fri Jan 22, 2010
Hi, I see your in the market for a 3 bed condo. would a 2 bed condo, 3 steps from Bethany Beach board walk interest you? If so email me and we can talk.
Glen
Brendan Crot…, Agent, Bethany Beach, DE
Fri Jan 8, 2010
Hi James,

If you are working with an agent, please direct questions to your Real Estate Agent. Otherwise, please contact me directly and I would be happy to give you a comparison of the two communities. Overall Bear Trap has many more amenities and a longer rental history.

Brendan Garfield Crotty

(302) 541 - 8778

President Southern Sussex Rotary

E-mail: Brendan@BrendanGarfieldCrotty.com

ResortQuest Real Estate
(302) 541 - 8778
(302) 539 - 8600
33012 Coastal Highway
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Web Reference:  http://www.brendancrotty.com
Kevin and Mo…, Agent, Ocean City, MD
Sun Nov 1, 2009
Hi James,

As a listing agent for a property working in a 2nd home and investment marketplace, if my listing has been previously rented, I make that rental history available to perspective purchasers.

If the home has not been previously used as a rental property, I will find comparable condos/townhomes in the same community to determine what the rental potential will be.

The listing agent agent for these units should have access to this information. Or if you have an ongoing relationship with your agent, she/he can get those income numbers on your behalf.

Good luck. Don't completely rule the Ocean City, Maryland market. There are some beautiful townhomes and condos that will generate a nice rate of return.

Whatever you decide, make sure you take the time to enjoy the property yourself!

My best. Monica
Chris Kavana…, Agent, Bethany Beach, DE
Sun Nov 1, 2009
Hi James, If you are cunnently considering/looking in Bear Trap or Bayside at Bethany Lakes I am sure you have talked to or have a realtor so your questions should be addressed by your realtor.

Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
302-829-9068
chris@5starbeachhomes.com