Market Conditions in The Fan>Question Details

Siewim Lim, Home Buyer in Washington, PA

I am interested but I think it is overpriced. How many is lowest offer? thank you.

Asked by Siewim Lim, Washington, PA Sun Oct 13, 2013

This question was asked from…

Hi Siewim - I am very familiar with the Fan area in Richmond and recently sold a home in that area representing the buyer. If you would send me an email (, I will send you the MLS link to this home and also info that will help determine what a possible offer price may be. I'd be very happy to show this great home and to help you as a buyer's Realtor at no cost to you - hope to hear from you soon - Jan

Jan Hoover
Advance Realty Specialists
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 14, 2013
No one can suggest what kind of offer you should make.

You sound like you could really use the help and guidance of a buyer's agent.

They will show you what similar homes have sold recently..... and what other homes are currently on the market in that area.
The closed sales they will use are called "comps", and they will help determine what a fair market offer or value might be.
They will also help you get pre-aproved for a loan, if you haven't already done so, because without that, you're not even ready to make an offer.

This is too big of a sale to enter any negoitaitons without having the right information, and you don't seem to have that as yet.

Best wishes......
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Hello, Siewim,

That is a great question and is always one that buyers ask when they are thinking of writing up an offer! Many times I will have sellers I represent tell me that they won't go below a certain price point, and then an offer comes in that is well below that price they said they won't go below - and we get it worked out! Other times, the seller holds firm to their price point! That being said, without knowing what the seller's motivation is, it will be hard to know just what their bottom line is. I usually recommend that you have your Buyers Agent run you a market analysis to see just how well the property is priced at right now, and then decide, based on the market value/condition/location and repairs what you want to offer. Depending upon the offer, it is possible to go too low and insult the seller, but sometimes you can get it worked out! Good luck - and feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to help you! Have a great day!
The answer is always "NO' until you make an offer.
Every buyer believes they pay to much.
Ever seller beleives they sell to low.
Seems in Washington, PA, little has changed.
There's only one way to find out. Make the offer and see what the owner does.
Hello Siewim,
Like Debra said, you need the help and guidance of an (experienced) buyer's agent. I am happy to meet with you to discuss the home buying process. We will visit the property together, look at comparable sales for the property and then craft an acceptable offer. Contact me @