I am an investor looking for a great deal on a home to turn into a long term rental. Any suggestions on where to start in the Atlanta area?

Asked by Newbielandlord, Norcross, GA Wed May 25, 2011

Answers

5
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Thu May 26, 2011
Hi Newbielandlord,

I know all the markets in Atlanta and would be happy to discuss the pluses and minuses of the main markets and why some are better than others. This is a fabulous time to buy investments if you know where and what to buy - I will say you definately want to stay on the northside and as Christy advised, you want to avoid short sales for more reasons than just the time invloved - you also want to avoid condos in any form.

I have many years experience in investment propertoes and am currently representing two foreign investors in the purchase of rental income properties and I am overseeing the rehab and make readywork for them as well. It is critical to know what and what not to do with regard to rehab and how to spend money wisely.

Give me a call, I would be happy to talk with you and give you some sound advice based on your investment goals and talk about things like an exit strategy as well.

Robert A Whitfield
Broker/Owner, Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
ICC Code Certified Building Inpection Expert 
New Home Construction Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
Luxury Homes, Investments, Property Management & Rehab
Douglas Lewis, Other Pro, lawrenceville, GA
Sat Sep 17, 2011
Hello I would start with for sale by owners.They are easy to deal with.
, ,
Sun Aug 21, 2011
I currently have access to a LLC with 7 properties. No transfer taxes, closing costs and the properties are free and clear. Average property 3/1 and all properties have tenants already in place. Email me at j.s.w.mgmt@gmail.com for more info.
Mark Lackey, Agent, Norcross, GA
Thu May 26, 2011
I invest in the area you live in, Gwinnett County and have done very well. Another team member specializes in housing assistance tenants. I will be happy to grab a cup of coffee and speak.

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
Mark@AtlantaHousingSource.com
404-886-8789

Services
Home Buyers & Sellers - http://www.AtlantaHousingSource.com
Property Management – http://www.RentalHomeAtlanta.com
Christy Bran…, Agent, Conyers, GA
Thu May 26, 2011
Hi Newbielandlord,

There are quite a few deals out there to be had in Metro Atlanta. I have quite a few renters looking in the Conyers and Covington area as well as Lithonia. As you may know, there are a lot of foreclosed homes and many are under 50K. While these may be great prices, what you have realize is that you may need to put a bit more money into them to repair them enough to rent. What you want to avoid is putting offers on homes that are listed for short sale. While the short sale homes may be in better repair, they will require a longer wait to close (sometimes as much as 6 months). Your best bet is to concentrate on foreclosed homes and possibly traditional sales. I would be happy to discuss this with you and help you in your search for an investment property. Please feel free to give me a call or email me to begin your search.