I'M A NEW REALTOR IF I WANT TO WORK WITH RENTALS WHAT IS THE FIRST STEP A HAVE TO TAKE? THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.

Asked by Lenilda, Boynton Beach, FL Wed Jul 14, 2010

Answers

2
Todd Kevitch, Agent, Boynton Beach, FL
Wed Jul 14, 2010
It is not difficult to get started with rentals. If you are already working with a broker, someone in your office should be able to give you some insight. Easiest way to get started is to find rentals for prospective clients. Advertise yourself as a rental agent to friends, family, etc. and you'll soon start getting referrals. Develop a web marketing plan as well to get your name out.

Todd Kevitch, Broker
BPO Realty LLC
561-731-3545
Web Reference:  http://www.bporealty.com
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Wed Jul 14, 2010
Lenilda,

Welcome to the wonderful world of real estate; the BEST profession in the world in my humble opinion. Starting out you want to keep your expenses to a bare minimum. Depending on your sphere of influence it may take you quite a long time before you can count on a regular stream of revenue. Many agents never get there as this is not a business for those who are not willing to give the attention it requires to be successful.

The best advice I can give you is get face to face with as many prospects, both seller's and buyer's, that you can. I know agents starting off who have been very successful knocking on doors of FSBO's. This in my opinion is the most direct approach to success and one I would recommend.

If you do not have a copy of "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent" by Gary Keller, RUN, don't walk, to your local bookstore and get a copy. Read it, highlight it, re-read it and live it. If you put 100% into this business you are in for a fun trip, if not you will probably soon be looking for another profession.

Best of luck and again welcome to the wacky world of real estate!

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com