Ben, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

How much per acre is titled land in Glenborough, Rio del Oro, and Westborough worth?

Asked by Ben, Sacramento, CA Sat Dec 14, 2013

I am an MBA student at wharton looking to better understand price per acre for titled land near Sacramento. Any information you have would be extremely helpful! Thanks.

Answers

4
Hi Ben,

Is $50/acre a typo?

If you are looking at Sacramento area, mapped lot in a subdivision depending on size, location, infrastructure I put at $25,000 to 100,000. or more per lot (not acre) which if a 1/10 acre lots would be about $250,000/acre ( Just a very broad example) Check out the Vineyards project in Roseville.

Another example I have a potential subdivision in the Colfax area for sale, $1.7mil for 48acres, proposed 31-35 lots. Map has not been approved, when approved could possibly be $75,000-100,000 per lot (approx 1ac lots). Of course until it sells this is all theory & dependent on what the Buyers plans are for the property.
Hi Teri,

My mistake, I meant to write $50k. This data is very helpful, thanks. Do you have any rough insight into how much these valuations have changed versus 12 months ago?
Flag Mon Dec 16, 2013
Depends on what your intended end use of the land would be what are you looking to get done after you close escrow?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 15, 2013
Hey Eddie, the plan is to develop a master-planned community, with housing, office, industrial, retail, and recreational facilities. The idea would be to sell the land to a homebuilder or to partner with one; I'm trying to get a rough sense as to whether or not the estimate I've been provided of $50 an acre is at all accurate.
Flag Sun Dec 15, 2013
Hi Ben
I don't recognize those areas. For a start you can do research on Trulia or Metrolist for land for sale and parcels sold. Commercial sites like LoopNet have a lot of data too, you pay a fee for access to the data. Land price varies widely depending on location, zoning, probable use and several other factors.
Good luck with your project
Thanks Teri, I really appreciate the help.
Flag Sun Dec 15, 2013
Ben, Please explain wtf that you are doing research on. There are no such cities or neighborhoods with these names near Sacramento. So why are you asking. Is this a test?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 14, 2013
Not sure what I'd be testing. The land is in the Sacramento metropolitan area, the names that I provided are the names of the development projects being developed by Easton Development Company - I thought they might be familiar because they're huge. The single biggest project (1400 acres of entitled land) is in Easton, approximately 15 miles to the east of downtown Sacramento. I am asking because some industry valuation has pegged the value of the land at $50 an acre, which seems vague and cheap.
Flag Sat Dec 14, 2013
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA