John Burke, Home Buyer in Bon Air, VA

How much has the average home price in Bon Air changed since February 2008.?

Asked by John Burke, Bon Air, VA Fri Feb 27, 2009

I am trying to determine the actual value of house we purchased in 2008, and the current assessment value.

Answers

3
Lee Newcomb, Agent, Midlothian, VA
Thu Nov 17, 2011
I would love to help you out with obtaining an actual pin point value on your property. Feel free to contact me and I will give you an exact number. If you want a round about answer just do this: go to http://www.Chesterfield.gov and look up your County assessment, take this number and multiply by .1 which will give you 10%, subtract this number from your assessment and that's roughly what you can expect to get for your property assuming it is in decent condition. 10% below assessment is the average sales price in Chesterfield. Note, this equation does not always apply but in general it is a good start. If you need to know an exact figure I would be happy to provide your with a complete market analysis on your property.
Web Reference:  http://www.chesterfield.gov
Tom Fleming, , Midlothian, Richmond, VA
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Hi John
I just saw your question. Do you still need help determining the value. Prices have continued to decline although they are starting to bottom out. Your home's worth will be determined by its condition, location, and features. Market leading homes are getting the offers right now vs homes that are priced to sit. Having a professional help you price the home to sell up front will save you time, money, and a whole lot of frustration over the course of time..... True story we released a Seller in 2008 when she didnt want to lower the price below 300k...she just got an offer for 230k this week....if she would have listened to us and priced the home in front of the pack we could have netted her a whole lot more with a whole lot less stress.

good luck to you
Tracy S., Home Buyer, 23058
Wed May 6, 2009
If it's in Chesterfield County you can go online and see the 2009 assessment. The "value" is what someone is willing to pay for it, so I would look up the area comps and figure out your price per square foot.