How much does it cost to build a home on a vacat land in San Fernando Valley (details below).?

Asked by Jasmine, Los Angeles, CA Fri Jan 3, 2014

The property has a LAA1 zone and is 1acre. I want to build a standard home with 4BD/3BA with a total sqft between 2500-3000sqft. I'd like to get a sense of the cost as well as a time frame on how long it takes for it to be built. Also can you advise on best methods to picking a good construction company ? yelp reviews ?

Answers

2
Shannon Chang, Agent, Arcadia, CA
Sat Jan 4, 2014
It can cost anywhere from $150 to $600 per square foot. Why such a wide range?
There are many questions unanswered.
I know a very reputable a design/Build Architect/Contractor. He can work with you to a budget and help you stay on it. His name is Carlos Parrague - Parrague Construction, Inc - cp@parrague.com- 510-377-3107. You can find example of his work and his web site on Yelp. He works in the San Gabriel and San Fernando Valley
Be wary on any contractor giving you a fixed price without any plans
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Fri Jan 3, 2014
I like Angie's List for unbiased reviews of trades people. Other then that, ask your friends for a good contractor. I tried to get a similar idea once before but the contractor had to come to the property to see exactly what he was building on and what material he would be using. I recommend you get together with a licensed contractor for a solid idea on price.