Sdevis, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

How long will it take me to rent out my 3bd/1ba properties in Atlanta, specifically 30310, 30318?

Asked by Sdevis, San Francisco, CA Mon Jun 25, 2007

Ted is right on the money.... Depending on the time of the year and the influx of new residents - rentals can go the day they are listed. In Forsyth and Dawson County I have seen rentals move in less time than it took to put them on the listing services.

Hey Ted - pass over that crystal ball - I could use it sometime!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2007
Hmmm, let me take a quick look into my crystal ball...

Seriously, I do not think you have furnished enough information about your particular neighborhood, the location to major roads & shopping, amount of rent, etc. The fact that it has only 1 bathroom for 3 bedrooms makes it less desirable than a 3 bedroom/2 bath home or condo. Does this rental property qualify for Section 8?

Accurately predicting time on market for a listing (whether for sale or for lease), is a very complex task affected by many variables. Agents can look at historical data for # of days on market and get a general sense of how long it should take assuming that it is priced right, in a desirable neighborhood, offers easy access to roads, is close to shopping, and so on.

The real key to your outcome is marketing and exposure. How & where do you plan to advertise? Food for thought.

Ted Shoop - ABR, e-PRO, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 25, 2007
Vicki Masell…, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
I have family that currently rents a 3/2 unit at the same address for $400 a month. I am looking for any other owners/investors/ or mgmnt that have any available units over there and I'd be more than happy to rent the unit as well as do minor repairs. Please if you have not rented your unit send me an email or feel free to give me a call 404-590-8227. My name is Keedah
Without knowing any specifics about your property or the amount of money you'd like to rent it out at, no one can give you any kind of advice. If you wish to rent it out at $1 a month, it will take less than 24 hours to rent out...

However, I'll say this, if you find out what the market is for your property ($$/month) and it is clean you should be able to rent it out in 30 days or less, as long as you stay just below the market. Screening the renters is adviseable, but will likely add to the process.
Web Reference:
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA