How long should I allow to sell a house in good condition and priced at fair market value in New Britain?

Asked by Nigel Morris, Connecticut Tue Feb 12, 2008

Answers

4
Jessica Bega…, Agent, Avon, CT
Thu Feb 14, 2008
There is approximately 7 months of inventory on the market in New Britain. If you price your house according to what other properties are listed at and recently sold for, you can expect to wait about 7 months. If you price it 2-3% below market value, you can expect a much faster sale.

This is very general - my anaylsis does not take into consideration desireablility of your neighborhood and price range. Some neighborhoods and price ranges move faster than others.
Paige Niver, Agent, Manchester, CT
Tue Feb 12, 2008
Hi Nigel,

If your property is priced at fair market value, you should expect a sale within a 3-6 month timeframe. (If priced aggressively, 3 months or less.) In the Greater Hartford Area properties in good condition are generally selling the fastest.
Linette Carr…, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Tue Feb 12, 2008
Every area is different but I would plan on it taking 6 months because of the inventory that is on the market right now. If it sells in less time then you have done a great job of pricing , staging and maintaining your property. Good luck!
Nigel Morris, Both Buyer And Seller, Connecticut
Tue Feb 12, 2008
Just to clarify - New Britain, CT.
Thanks.