Market Conditions in 94595>Question Details

Ester, Both Buyer and Seller in 94595

How is the real estate market in Rossmoor doing? Are homes selling quickly?

Asked by Ester, 94595 Fri Nov 19, 2010

Is winter a good season for selling a home in Rossmoor? Is there a "best" season for selling?

Answers

3
Will Bateson’s answer
As others have stated, Rossmoor is less prone to the seasons than most markets. It's much more important that you present your home in the best light. I listed my mom's home on Ptarmigan in October. I hired a painter to touch up a few rooms and a stager to make the home look its best. We priced it at $320K,which was near the top for her model (others were priced between $240-340K), but her place had a nice location and the car port was located next to the front door, which was a major plus. Her place sold in 3 days for full price. Meanwhile, the others priced above $300K all reduced their prices below $320K, and some still are on the market. The morale? Price and home condition are more important than the selling season in Rossmoor. Good luck, and call me if you'd like a free market evaluation of your home!

Will Bateson, Broker
Sidewalk Homes
925-455-0845
will@sidewalkhomes.com
Hi Ester,
This time of the year there are always empty nesters flying in from all over the country to visit their children and grandchildren for the holidays. I guarantee that they are encouraged to move and live closer to these loved ones and every year some of them do. CA also looks really good this time of the year, especially if someone has been shoveling snow in the northeast.

Most areas have a definite prime time between late spring and into mid-summer when parents are purchasing and wanting to get the kids settled before school starts. That is certainly not the case in Rossmoor. :-)

Is there a 'best' season to sell in Rossmoor? Rossmoor is influenced by the overall market of homes selling on the 'outside'. When buyers are hesitant to purchase homes in neighboring cities, then it is a challenge for people to move on with their lives and buy homes in Rossmoor. However, many people considering a move to Rossmoor have the means to purchase without selling their current home.

I know that some people in Rossmoor have multiple homes in other parts of the country and world and spend time in each. I got a call last week from a couple in Hawaii who are considering doing just that. As a gated community, it is appealing to many who travel.

Unique properties in Rossmoor sell all year long. If there are 20-40 other properties that are similar, then it will take longer to sell. It doesn't matter what time of the year. Marketing is always critical because you want all potential buyers to know about your home.

Today in Rossmoor there are 172 properties for sale on the MLS and 37 properties are under contract to be sold. This is pretty consistent from month to month.
Hope this helps.
Ester,

Rossmoor is unique in that the co-ops bend the market a bit. Since those homes require (for the most part) all cash offers the statistics drag and extend numbers in favor of the buyers. Holidays are susally tough since many people have other activities that eat into new home shopping time. That fact doesn't change in Rossmoor.
Web Reference: http://bob2sell.com