Lu, Both Buyer and Seller in Ches Co

How does an upcoming development affect my home's value?

Asked by Lu, Ches Co Fri Jan 25, 2008

Does the resort community which is slated to go in nearby, favorably or adversely affect our home value? How about the Hankin tract? Our home is quite close to it...will it affect the price we can get for our home?

Answers

4
I believe it can go either way. Hankin is a large outfit and do a decent job on the sites they do build on. If you are looking for country living I am not sure that is where you are going to be. Suburban sprawl is taking over and will continue so any where you see open land some day with out a doubt will be developed. If you want security in your investment buy a property with no surrounding land that can be developed. Atleast you know what your getting and can have a sense of controlling the neighborhood market, Its like predicting the weather.. Even the weather man cant say..
Hi Lu -

I know the development you are talking about and I am not convinced that it will ever be built & finished. I do believe the Hankin tract will get built on eventually. One big problem they would both cause is the increase in traffic, our roads are not ready for all those cars! To give you an honest opinion on whether it would be positive or negative for your house in particular, I'd need more specific info about your house. I live near Fairview Church and I'm an agent with James A. Cochrane, Inc., and there are such a variety of homes and sizes out here in Glenmoore. There is no doubt that both those tracts if/when built will have an affect on the eventual price you can get for your home.
Web Reference: http://www.cochraneinc.com
What sort of homes will they be building? How far away? I need to know some more to answer correctly
Are you referring to the Eagle bypass? if not, where will this be located?