How do you get started doing BPOs?

Asked by Linda Sue, 95831 Mon May 9, 2011

Answers

5
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Tue May 10, 2011
There are temp agencies for that. Some specialize in real estate and mortgage personnel. Others are general office.
Linda Sue, , 95831
Tue May 10, 2011
Thanks again but I would like piecemeal work where I can work can take off when I need/want to. Any other suggestions?
Linda Sue, , 95831
Tue May 10, 2011
Thanks to all of you that answered my question. It's food for thought. After 23 years as a realtor, of which the last 5 have been minimal, I'm looking to get back in actively but to the extent that I need to have more control over my time than is afforded when I am actively selling property. I thought BPOs might do the trick. I'll still do more investigating but do you have any other suggestions for RE work that can be picked up on my schedule?

And thanks again for the responses.
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Mon May 9, 2011
The companies that assign BPO's make most of their money collecting membership fees from agents such as yourself who are trying to get a little extra income. You will be lucky if you get enough work from them to pay you back for your membership fees, pay for your gas and minimum wage ($8.00 per hour). On the other hand, there are BPO factories that have software to capture BPO postings (that immediately claims the intown BPO that was emailed to you a minute earlier. ) If you can become a BPO factory you can do a little better on large volume.
Eddie Martini, Agent, Auburn, WA
Mon May 9, 2011
Linda what firm do you work for? Do you ahve an office manager or onsite broker? If you do not then keep reading otherwise check in with them as to what they suggest you do.
THe good news is you just need to SIGN UP on most sites and keep a close eye for the email invites to new properties needing value. Seearch for Property Valuation COmpanies and sign up for ALL of them you can find. Try and keep a similar user name and password if you end up signign up for multiple sities so you can easily sign in when you get notice of new properties needing BPO valuation. I can tell you that EQUATOR is overloaded with agents in our area and that site in my personal opinion is not worth paying for higher exposure. Again your broker and or manager may have a different outlook so check with them... otherwise let us know if you need more help...