How do you find rental property statistics.?

Asked by Ed Brown, 78727 Thu Jul 24, 2008

We are looking to possibly move to asheville in a year or two. I'd like to look into rental properties to purchase but want to get more info on items such as what is the demand for rental properties, what is the overall occupancy rate and any other information that would assist.

Answers

5
Rowena Patton, Agent, Asheville, NC
Tue Nov 18, 2008
Hi Edward
we deal with many clients that buy homes for rental, and we have a page specifically dealing with rental offerings in the area that might help you with your research. Please find the link below

Rowena Patton
Patton Property Group @ Keller Williams
828 210 1648
Bonnie Gilbe…, Agent, Asheville, NC
Mon Aug 25, 2008
Asheville has had a strong rental market for the past few years, many of my collgues and friends own multiple rental properties. Our real estate market has been driven by second home buyers and people looking to relocate. That being said, many people looking to relocate are waiting for their homes to sell else where before they buy and this is helping the local rental market. As for the occupancy rate, many of the people I know have experience 100% occupancy, but this can depend greatly on the location of the property and the monthly rent. If you find a property that you want to purchase and it is currently being used as a rental, the property managment company or owner should be able to provide you with their rent rolls and financial statements that can give you an idea of the occupancy rate for that praticular property. With the changes that have taken place in the mortgage sector, I think that more people will be renting because of the inability to qualify for loans. People will always need housing and many will have to rent. Best Regards, Bonnie Gilbert
Rowena Patton, Agent, Asheville, NC
Wed Aug 20, 2008
Hi Edward. We have a specific model for current rental homes and homes that would make good rentals. We have helped buyers in and out of state locate the 'right' kind of homes. I am attaching a link to local rental links so you can see what kind of homes are in that market. Of course for purchasing, I can send you a different link once we have some more information regarding what you are looking for. Call me at 828669 6671if you would like to discuss. Rowena Patton
Joyce Dowd, Agent, Winter Springs, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Find a property management company in Asheville and speak with an agent. Colleges are a good, continual source for rental property so find a property near a university or college if possible.
James Carama…, Agent, Wallingford, CT
Thu Jul 24, 2008
The most qualified person is a Realtor who is also a Real Estate Appraiser that has experience with the market of intrest you have. They will be able to rent analyses, income projections, and so on.