How do real estate clients like to receive real estate information?

Asked by Sally Summerlin, Memphis, TN Wed Oct 13, 2010

Answers

5
Gerard Dunn’s answer
Gerard Dunn, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Sally -

In a TIMELY fashion! With so much information on-line and communication via cell and text so common - they want the information NOW.

E-mail seems to be the most prevalent but some folks still like printouts.

I think you will find the preferences are generational. Younger buyers are much more heavily vested in using technology. Newer the better.

Hope this makes sense!

If you like the answer - please consider making it a "Best Answer" !

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Licensed in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Assisting Homebuyer's and Seller's for 28 years
703-216-9100
Faith Greenw…, , Chantilly, VA
Wed Oct 13, 2010
It depends on the information you have to share and your relationship with the client. Is it a sales activity? Are you trying to reach new clientele? Is it a current client? I agree with most of the posts here that each client is different in how they communicate. My 79 year old mother communicates by phone (no texting or voice mail) and watches for the mailman every day. My 27 year old daughter communicates mainly thru texting, email and social media sites like Facebook. It's so exciting to have so many different communication (and instantaneous) avenues right at our fingertips. There's no straight line that you can always draw from first contact to closing - it will take a variety of activities to be successful.

From an inspection perspective, our clients and referrals sources typically receive information by email. Regardless, we can print and/or email a report. It's up to the client.

Good luck!!
Wanda Silva, , New Castle, DE
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Alot of my client like me to send real estate information thrue Email because of their busy schedules.
Lyle Wolf, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Sally
Every client is different. The best thing to do is ask them how they would like to receive their real estate information and then give the information that way.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Sally,

We find that most of our customers prefer email communication....it's fast and reliable.