How do I get property tax adjusted in Rye Brook, NY to fairly reflect the market value of the property?

Asked by Sanjeev Bhatt, Fairfield, CT Sat Mar 15, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Steven S. Ge…, Agent, White Plains, NY
Tue Nov 1, 2011

Rye reassess homes every year. If you believe your homes is still over assessed, I can recommend several people who can assist you.

Steve Geiger
Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
0 votes
Gladys Viru…, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Wed Oct 26, 2011
I have a good referral for you . Call me -he has lots of experience in this field and is very successful in getting good results.

Gladys Viruet 914 589 2455

Keller Williams Realty
0 votes
Judy Croughan, Agent, Rye, NY
Mon Apr 27, 2009
I wrote an article this month on Property Tax Remediation for the neighboring city of Rye (see link below) that you may find interesting.
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Oct 22, 2008
You need to get an appraisal for you property and submit it on an official abatement form you can get from your assessors office.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Kevin O'Shea, Agent, White Plains, NY
Wed Oct 22, 2008
That was a nice offer from the agent who answered before me. I live in the area. Rye went to full value assessment a few years ago.

The town changes the assessment up or down based on the market that year, so some of it might resolve itself, otherwise you can file a certiorari to bring the assessment down based on the market value.

You can do this yourself, have a Realtor help or hire a professional who does that for a living.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea
Homes of Westchester
Web Reference:
0 votes
Maria Mantis,…, Agent, Rye, NY
Sat Aug 2, 2008
Property Taxes are based upon Fair Market Value. First you need to find out what your property is assessed for by the Village of Rye Brook and the Town of Rye. Once you have this information, you will be able to determine whether you are over assessed. The Town of Rye is at full market value so call the assessor's office and get that info. If it's higher than what you think your property is worth, give me a call at
914-525-9472 and I will take you through the process. Best , Maria Mantis
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more