How do I find out the 2003 value of a home for capital gains taxes in 2013?

Asked by cnnowak, Phoenix, AZ Wed Jun 12, 2013

Answers

6
Joseph Scroc…, Agent, Wildwood, NJ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
If you purchased the prperty the 2003 value does not matter. Your basis for tax purposes is purchase price plus any capital improvements less accumulated depreciation. If you acquired the property through an estate in 2003, if there was an estate attorney they may have notes in their file regarding the value at time of death (there are several options to value the property post mortem).

If you inherited the property then you should contact the Urban Team who answered you and offered their assistance.
Karen Melillo, Agent, Sedona, AZ
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Have your Agent run the comps for the months just around that time period, and the comps now.
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Have you spoken with an accountant about this? You will really need advice from an expect in that field.
Sean Heideman, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
I can come up with a retrospective value by using comparable properties in 2003 to give you a value. Please give me a call to discuss.

Sean Heideman, Broker
Position Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Fax: 866-232-2256
The Urban Te…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Give me a call at 602-234-5777 and I can most likely help you.
Eileen Shapi…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Wed Jun 12, 2013
I suggest you contact a tax advisor.