How can I know if the house that I am renting now is in lis pends, foreclosure?

Asked by Flaca, 60406 Sat Apr 21, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Nicholas Rad…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 1, 2013
It is a simple process to look it up. Send me the address and I can look it up for you. Ignore the out of state advise as foreclosure laws are very different in all states.
Nick Radakovich Home Sales Realty
0 votes
Roland Vinya…, Agent, Sprakers, NY
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Any lis pendens should be filed at the County Clerk's (or City Clerk, if they operate that way). Homes to be foreclosed upon are both advertised in local newspapers and they also have posters in at least 3 locations. These will give you the numbers to call and other pertinent information. But sure to do your due diligence especially thoroughly.
0 votes
Steve Manos, Agent, Lake Elsinore, CA
Sat Apr 21, 2012
In California, if you have a copy of the Notice of Default (NOD) or Notice of Triustee's Sale (NOT) there is a phone number listed in the posting for people to call and get the status of the auction.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more