How can I find out what houses sold for in midway tx during 2008-2010?

Asked by Dee, 75852 Mon Jul 5, 2010

Answers

2
David Compan…, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Sat Aug 7, 2010
Hello, Dee!
Echoing Michael's answer, the best way to determine market values for a particular time period is to contact a local, knowledgeable real estate agent who can give you both raw data and an insider's perspective on past and present sales. Most real estate listing sites available to buyers and sellers do not show you the sold property data, and knowing only the listing price can give you a wrong impression of pricing trends.
I'm a Realtor®, and I live and work in Madisonville, TX - Midway's neighboring "big brother" city. My market area includes all of Madison County and surrounding areas. Feel free to get in touch with me! My contact info is available on my profile page.
-David
Web Reference:  http://davidcrealestate.com
Michael Krot…, Agent,
Mon Jul 5, 2010
Hi Dee,

The fastest way would probably be to ask a real estate agent to run some historical searches for you for that time period, which would show all closed sales (at least those that were listed in the MLS).

You would also be able to specify different search criteria; say if you wanted to know houses around 2,000sqft with 3bed/2bath.

An agent should be able to give you this history for your market.