How are property values holding up in Lake Las Vegas?

Asked by Roberta Murphy, Carlsbad, CA Fri May 25, 2007

With so many high-end properties, I have wondered how sales in this area are doing.

Answers

7
Michael Chri…, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jul 19, 2007
Lake Las Vegas property is doing okay. The prices are not as high as they were last year and you see more home for sale than before. My company has listings in the area and have had to make changes to keep up with the market.
Emily, Both Buyer And Seller, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Mar 30, 2008
I purchased my home 2 years ago and it has depreciated 42%.
Diann Tonnes…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Apr 2, 2008
The property prices definitely depreciated this year and I bought a great auction property there in December about $250k below what it sold for brand new two years ago. That being said, the number of sales there has not declined, there are just more properties to choose from at better prices right now. But I can feel the market starting to shift again, so if you have an interest in purchasing, go for it now! But if you have a property to sell, hold on for about a year and you should be in good shape.

In case you are interested, below is a link to properties currently for sale there.
NonRealtor, , 23456
Wed Oct 8, 2008
I guess things have changed quite a bit in a year or so. Wait to buy. Prices are still declining. Good Luck
Jill, , Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Tue Oct 7, 2008
Prices are falling up to 30% due to the glut whereby people are renting higher end properties at lower rates. Like all markets, value is value and the prices will return. Hold-out.

Jill
allpropertymanagement.com las vegas
Luxury Mortg…, , 89109
Tue Aug 7, 2007
I've had one problem with a particular subdivision's appraisals coming in but besides that prices seem solid.
Len McGuirk, , Las Vegas, NV
Sun May 27, 2007
Lake Las Vegas property values are holding up well. It is still a higher-end market for people to move into. The reason for this is because of the location and tranquility it provides. It is the only area around the valley with a ritz-carlton hotel on a man-made lake! This market will probably keep their values up because of the luxury aspect.