How are buyers finding the amount of homes for sale in the Greater Boston, Massachusetts area?

Asked by Tom and Joanne Team, Boston, MA Mon Feb 8, 2010

Many of my personal buyer clients are complaining that the rates are low, prices are down, but most of the homes on the market are junk. Is that a fair statement?

Answers

1
greg, , Boston, MA
Sat Feb 13, 2010
Yes, unfortunately this is a fair statement. it is imperative that you monitor new listings in a matter of hours--not days--given the significantly decreased inventory and the large number of buyers seeking to take advantage of the tax credit. In many instances I am seeing multiple offers and even offers in excess of asking. Make sure your buyer is aware of this. Last week I listed a property which I believed to be a little high, however within 48 hours I had 14 offers--most at asking and some in excess of asking. Advice: keep a keen eye on MLS and make sure any offer you take is presented to the seller within hours not days.